Uninstall Program

Georgia in Ms

I had a program (Cradle of Rome) I installed. Everytime I opened it, I got the error message the program has encountered a problem and must close. So I uninstalled Cradle a while back.

Today when preparing to run CC cleaner, I see Cradle listed (altho I thought it was gone). When I select run uninstaller for Cradle, the dialog box says an entirely different program (Nero) is going to be uninstalled (which I do not not want uninstalled).

What do I do to get rid of Cradle without losing Nero?

Typically many applications dont properly remove themselves during an uninstall. CCleaner uses methods to detect if the thing exists or not. You need to lookup what the ini's CCleaner uses to detect and then manually delete those objects.

I had a program (Cradle of Rome) I installed. Everytime I opened it, I got the error message the program has encountered a problem and must close. So I uninstalled Cradle a while back.

Today when preparing to run CC cleaner, I see Cradle listed (altho I thought it was gone). When I select run uninstaller for Cradle, the dialog box says an entirely different program (Nero) is going to be uninstalled (which I do not not want uninstalled).

What do I do to get rid of Cradle without losing Nero?

================================== Try AddRemove Pro its a freeware program that should sort out this issue, also you might want to try regscrubxp to go into user find category, locate the particular Cradle of Rome key and delete it - hope it helps

Used addremove to remove the entry. Reinstalled Cradle and it still crashes. Oh well.

A 15 day trial software, "Cleanse Installer" is great for occasions like you have. It will uninstall the program and then by continuing it will find parts not uninstalled as they should be and offer to finish the job.

I like it so well think I will pay and get the program as my 15 days are up.

Here is the link: http://www.zardssoftware.com/

Mudd

• Moderators
A 15 day trial software, "Cleanse Installer" is great for occasions like you have. It will uninstall the program and then by continuing it will find parts not uninstalled as they should be and offer to finish the job.

I like it so well think I will pay and get the program as my 15 days are up.

Here is the link: http://www.zardssoftware.com/

Not all that long ago it was on Giveaway Of The Day for free. That aside you do have to be careful with it as it may list things for removal that have nothing to do with an installed application you're removing - which is why I eventually removed it. Nonetheless it does do more than a typical uninstall routine, however in my opinion it's no replacement for an installation watching program like Total Uninstall (Last Freeware Version), and ZSoft Uninstaller.