additions to CCleaner

Kane3162

i didn't find this or any other information in the forums so far........

i got this from M$ when i couldn't windows update.... i ran CCleaner then ran the batch and it apparently deleted alot of crap that was missed...... it actually helped.... (thank god i saved it...)

@echo offecho We will clear the tempoary files and the following process will take a few minutes, please waitNet stop WuAuServ Net stop Cryptsvcdel /f /s /q %windir%\SoftwareDistribution oldSD del /f /s /q %windir%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old del /f /s /q %systemdrive%\*.tmpdel /f /s /q %systemdrive%\*._mpdel /f /s /q %systemdrive%\*.giddel /f /s /q %systemdrive%\*.chkdel /f /s /q %systemdrive%\*.olddel /f /s /q %systemdrive%\recycled\*.*del /f /s /q %windir%\*.bakdel /f /s /q %windir%\prefetch\*.*rd /s /q %windir%\temp & md %windir%\tempdel /f /q %userprofile%\cookies\*.*del /f /q %userprofile%\recent\*.*del /f /s /q "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\*.*"del /f /s /q "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temp\*.*"del /f /s /q "%userprofile%\recent\*.*"Net start WuAuServ Net start Cryptsvc@Echo =========================@Echo Finished. @Echo =========================@pause

Please let me know if this is at all helpful....

Thanks!

• Moderators

Some of the lines in that batch file don't look like anything I've seen before, either it's something I don't know about or the batch file is messed up a little.

It's helpful but not a whole lot since installing CCleaner will remove allot of that junk, and if coupled with EasyCleaner it will find the other crap like .tmp, and .bak, and check disk fragments.

Some of the lines in that batch file don't look like anything I've seen before, either it's something I don't know about or the batch file is messed up a little.

It's helpful but not a whole lot since installing CCleaner will remove allot of that junk, and if coupled with EasyCleaner it will find the other crap like .tmp, and .bak, and check disk fragments.

well the thing is i want to only use 1 cleaner.... CCleaner...... and when i installed the latest version and ran it with EVERYTHING checked for cleaning and no wait on the temp files it removed alot however when i ran that batch it removed about 500mb or so..... when i did it on my OLD OLD pc after running CCleaner it removed about 3-4 gigz......

ask me if their is something you don't recognize i will research it... all i know is it helps.... (batch + startup = awsome...)

also this is only for XP or so the e-mail from a M$ support rep said.... i have a copy of the e-mail if you would like to inspect it..

• Moderators
i have a copy of the e-mail if you would like to inspect it..

That's not necessary, I don't need it.

Some problems people have had with CCleaner crashing is actually fixed by removing junk files from their Temp folder - either manually or via a batch file.

I'm sort of a batch fiend, it seems I create a batch file to do allot of stuff on my PC and I still use my own crafted Temp File cleaning one I've used for years that also cleans some MRU stuff in the registry via an accompanied .reg file. And of course I use a single batch file to make important backups on my PC too. Batch files kick ass so long as one knows how to properly craft them.

no need to be able to perfectly craft them..... just have a pc you can do tests on.... :P

for me i have 4 pc's

1 6000+

1 4400+

1 D-PIII

1 Q-Opt

(rest of specs omited)

:P..... what are you talking about CCleaner crashing?? i never had CCleaner crash!

i didn't find this or any other information in the forums so far........

i got this from M$ when i couldn't

What do you mean with M$ ?

If you meant MS then you're a very silly person CANE !

Do not violate proper names, one might do the same with yours :lol: