Cleaner Settings

craigathus

Hi guys B)

I know what "Tray Notification Cache" is, if I select it in cleaner settings a warning message says I need to restart the explorer.exe process.

I checked the BeginnersGuide for CCleaner, and it says to manually restart the explorer process from the Task Manager.

Dose that mean select "explorer.exe" and then press the "End Process" button?

Task Manager gives "Warning" message.

Is it safe to do this?

Could my PC freeze, lockup?

If I do, will restarting my machine reload explorer.exe?

Hi guys B)

I know what "Tray Notification Cache" is, if I select it in cleaner settings a warning message says I need to restart the explorer.exe process.

I checked the BeginnersGuide for CCleaner, and it says to manually restart the explorer process from the Task Manager.

Dose that mean select "explorer.exe" and then press the "End Process" button?

Yes ... then go to the Applications tab > New Task and run explorer.exe

Task Manager gives "Warning" message.

Is it safe to do this?

Yes

Could my PC freeze, lockup?
It has never happened to me in several years whether using CCleaner or manually editing the registry on machines without CCleaner.

If I do, will restarting my machine reload explorer.exe?
It should, just as after any crash.

• Moderators

When you open the task manager craig there is a help option on the top line which, if you click on, you can choose the help topics. There's quite a lot of task manager info in that, worth a read anyway.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

When you open the task manager craig there is a help option on the top line which, if you click on, you can choose the help topics. There's quite a lot of task manager info in that, worth a read anyway.

Hi Hazelnut B)

Thanks for the tip, I have to admit that I'm a bit lazy when it comes to reading windows help topics :D I tend to just brush over them.

• Moderators

Cleaning the Customize Notifications icons is much easier using a script such as # 53. Remove Past Items From Notification Area, you have to scroll down to it. The script is 100% clean, it automatically ends the Explorer.exe task and automatically restarts it. I've been using it for a long time now. You do need to actually restart Windows after using it though, otherwise the Customize Notifications icons settings won't be saved.