Saturn holds a tiny secret

Humpty

Icy chasms on one of Saturn's most humble moons, hidden amid its glorious rings, have overtaken the sands of Mars and the stratosphere of Venus as the most intriguing potential hiding place for alien life in our solar system.

Enceladus, a shining ball of ice hugging Saturn's rings, was first caught in the act of spewing a watery geyser from its south pole two years ago by the international Cassini mission. Water, life's most crucial ingredient, was blasting 270 miles into space, actually hitting the orbiting spacecraft, from cracks on the frozen moon dubbed "tiger stripes."

Article

Icy chasms on one of Saturn's most humble moons, hidden amid its glorious rings, have overtaken the sands of Mars and the stratosphere of Venus as the most intriguing potential hiding place for alien life in our solar system.

Enceladus, a shining ball of ice hugging Saturn's rings, was first caught in the act of spewing a watery geyser from its south pole two years ago by the international Cassini mission. Water, life's most crucial ingredient, was blasting 270 miles into space, actually hitting the orbiting spacecraft, from cracks on the frozen moon dubbed "tiger stripes."

Article

The universe is loaded with life. Saturn's moon may or may not have life on it. I refuse to believe the galactic joke called the Human Race is as good as it gets and alone in the universe. To believe otherwise is embarrassingly arrogant of our species. Than again it wasn't too long ago we believed the earth was flat and we were the center of the universe :lol: I take a look around every day and I know that if there is a maker of all things he/she/it has a seriously warped sense of humor and we are the punch line.

Here's something else, the hexagon on Saturn.

Now that is fascinating! :blink:

"This is a very strange feature, lying in a precise geometric fashion with six nearly equally straight sides," said Kevin Baines, atmospheric expert and member of Cassini's visual and infrared mapping spectrometer team at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif.

"We've never seen anything like this on any other planet. Indeed, Saturn's thick atmosphere where circularly-shaped waves and convective cells dominate is perhaps the last place you'd expect to see such a six-sided geometric figure, yet there it is."

• Moderators
Now that is fascinating! :blink:

Yeah it was interesting a few months ago when I found out about it, and they only recently had some program on T.V. that showed a computer generated rendition of it, which actually looked better than the real thing in the NASA photo. :rolleyes: