Help

User000

Hi, i downloaded the the av from the link in ridgys internet rot site, then when i clcik on it it says windows installer cannot open this blah blah, so i went and used the clean up ulitilite and even redownloaded and installed the windows installer, and i still get the same message, i can install any other .msi file fine, just not aol av, any ideas? Thanks. I really want to use, this as i heard kasperky is one of the best!

heres a screenshot

5x8cd2h.png

Try re-downloading the AOL AV, as it probably got corrupted during download.

Nice Wallpaper by the way. :D

Thanks, but i have downloaded and tryed it about 10 times now and same problem. any other msi works fine. Just not this one, is it just me? Does someone have a working one? and heres my wall paper if your interested in it fire

post-13107-1184107449_thumb.jpg

post-13107-1184107449_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Just read this on a blog somewhere

During the installation, AVS also checks if you have another anti-virus software that could cause conflicts and gives the option to uninstall it. Without uninstalling other detected anti-virus software you cannot install Active Virus Shield.

Not sure if it will help you .

EDIT...

you are not alone

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=179768

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

You could try the Windows installer below.May help?

Description

The Microsoft Windows Installer is an 'application installation and configuration service'. This means that it is used for installing programs on your computer. Some software requires this latest download before you can install it. In effect, this becomes a two step process. First you download the Windows Installer and run it (restart your computer). Then run your software's installation program (yes, there is some degree of Microsoft kookiness that requires you to install an installation program before you can install the program you actually want).

Windows installer

i have the latest windows installer ive uninstalle dmy other av. now im downloading the slightly outdated version from neowin and major geeks to see if i can install that and then update to the latest version from that.

This is a big probelm now, taken from a forum "elite" there this will help many other people who have the smae problem as me:

ok, i downloaded that msi myself.

looks like they replaced the msi with a new version (6.0.2.621, previously was 6.0.0.308), unfortunatly the uploaded file is incomplete (so it's not a valid installation file).

That one is the one which works:

http://download.nullsoft.com/avs/AVS_v25.exe

Thanks for that link to the Kaspersky forum Hazel. :)

Actually managed to install Active Shield on my Vista Ultimate drive using that installer.

The original installer I downloaded which was "supposedly Vista compatible" was a 13 or so meg download whereas the the one from the link is 18 meg.

The first installer worked fine on XP but just wouldn't install on Vista and I just thought, oh well another app that doesnt like Vista.