Prevx 2.0

Humpty

Not my type of app but I may try it out in an XP vm.If you decide to use it and have strife please don't shoot the messenger. ;)

Apparently a one year license.

Prevx 2.0 provides the breadth and depth of technologies necessary to combat the ever increasing sophistication of malicious software. Prevx?s unique implementation of ?herd intelligence?, malware virtualization, frequency analysis, centralized behavioral heuristics and automated malware research gives a significant advantage, one that translates into faster, more extensive and accurate determination of malware to provide the highest levels of security.

Prevx give away

i'm trying it our right now. It seems to work so far. When i installed it, i had to wait a little bit so that the fast scan would end but it did. one quirk that i don't like about it is that when you try to launch a program, it displays a notification that it's trying to run. Other than that, it seems to work great.

also, it seems that my internet has slowed down a little. don't know if the program has anything to do with it though...

also, it seems that my internet has slowed down a little. don't know if the program has anything to do with it though...

Yes, having read some of the comments about it, it contacts the internet alot. Theres also comments about it being a pain to uninstall.

Comment no. 22 of Prevx 2 by Jonathan

What does it do? Perhaps this PC Magazine capsule review of the previous version of this product (Prevx 1) will help:

“BOTTOM LINE: (4 stars = Very Good) Prevx1’s community database lets it ignore known good files and jail known bad ones, while behavior analysis spots unknown baddies. Its protection is effective, but you’ll still want a signature-based product to clean up malware fully.

PROS: Identifies known good/bad programs using online database. Detects unknowns based on behavior analysis. Local analysis informs database. Effective at keeping malware out.

CONS: Requires active Internet connection for full protection. Doesn’t remove malware traces such as Registry keys and non-active files. Occasionally blocks valid programs.”

(http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,2084578,00.asp)

Prevx 1 also got good reviews from PC World (http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,130455/article.html), About.com, Download.com, MajorGeeks, and Tucows.

WARNING: Some Prevx 2 users recently complained that installing the new version trashed their computers. This does not seem to be widespread problem

I should better be careful on this one, as I have tried some HIPS causing "back problems" especially when GreenBorder was still independent.

Plus the results shown in av-comparatives somehow lowered my trust on this program.

Anyone encountered an uninstall problem?

• Moderators
Theres also comments about it being a pain to uninstall.

That coupled with it only being free for 1 year, and that post on the Castlecops forums about it completely trashing someone's Windows installation is why I completely passed on it. Good thing Giveaway Of The Day has those comments/posts listed underneath the giveaway's otherwise I might be rebuilding my Windows installation at the moment versus enjoying it, and I do hate having to reinstall everything from scratch.

Well I gave it a whirl in a virtual machine and I don't like it at all.A gig of ram allocated.

It seemed to be doing some sort of scan at booting into desktop that had the cpu usage at 100% with nothing responsive for about a minute till it finished what it was doing.

Tried a few reboots and the same thing so I just shutdown the vm and discarded all changes to leave the vm free for testing.

Andavari, do run an imaging application or backup that can save a reinstall?