CCleaner Suggestions

I use computers & CCleaner a lot. Like, a lot LOT. Lol!

Some features I would LOVE to see in CCleaner, is, I wish you can check off multiple entries to uninstall at once.

It would also be nice to have the same feature for startup entries, checking multiple ones off to remove.

Would be nice also, if there is a way to clean multiple user accounts at once, without having to log into each one, like the temp folder MS creates for each logged in user.

Wish there is an option to totally empty the prefetch folder as well. The worst that can happen is windows has to rebuild its prefetch. I would love an option to turn off prefetch, & system restore with CCleaner as well. Yes, I am lazy, don't laugh, ok? :rolleyes:

Wish CCleaner could have files it cleans in alphabetical order with tabs grouped by content type, like your apps, computer files, & internet files.

Apps could have installed apps it cleans, & computer say, temp directories, logs, start menu clicks etc, & internet could have ie, firefox, opera listed. This way I could easily say, just clean the "internet trash" or only the "computer temp" files, or only the "installed apps". It would be a whole lot easier depending on what you had to remove from each computer.

CCleaner is such an amazing app. Wish it can save settings to a .ini file instead of reg file if there was a way.

Well, really excited about version 2 you guys have coming up, I will def be checking it out.

Would be nice also, if there is a way to clean multiple user accounts at once, without having to log into each one

Suggested many times before, I'm guessing CCleaner 2 may have this option.

Wish there is an option to totally empty the prefetch folder as well. The worst that can happen is windows has to rebuild its prefetch.

Well if it deletes the entire contents of the prefetch folder the worse that can happen is prefetch will no longer work properly. The layout.ini needs to be left intact, if deleted it often won't come back on its own. (This is of course seperate from the much discussed already issue of cleaning prefetch being completely pointless but I'm not going into that again, do a search ;) )

CCleaner is such an amazing app. Wish it can save settings to a .ini file instead of reg file if there was a way.

Already there - check options>advanced for 'Save settings to INI' option ;)

• 4 years later...