June Desktops

rridgely

Here's mine...a picture I took at Coco Cay in the Bahamas this weekend...

junedesktopbt4.th.jpg

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

Ok I changed mine already. lol Another picture I took from Coco Cay...

cococay11ik2.th.jpg

Mine....woot for Sci-fi

AJ

That's an awesome pic.

I've changed mine yet again. Orlando Bloom...my future husband. LOL :lol:

junedesktop2bx3.th.jpg

• Moderators

Did you see the last pirate movie? What a let down.

I had big hopes for seeing Kieth Richards in it and he only did like a 20 second scene(which was still awesome).

I thought the first pirates was good, the second one was kind of boring but had a few cool action scenes and funny moments, and the third I would have left if I was alone. :P (I have never left in a movie but it was just too long and uninteresting. :P )

Did you see the last pirate movie? What a let down.

I had big hopes for seeing Kieth Richards in it and he only did like a 20 second scene(which was still awesome).

I thought the first pirates was good, the second one was kind of boring but had a few cool action scenes and funny moments, and the third I would have left if I was alone. :P (I have never left in a movie but it was just too long and uninteresting. :P )

Heck yeah I saw it! Gonna see it again this weekend I think. I love all 3 of them, and am hoping they are able to pull off a 4th. I know a screenplay is in the works for it, but it may be hard to do with the 3rd's ending. And Keira Knightly says she may be giving up acting altogether, so I don't know what they'd do there. Orlando Bloom I'm not sure about, but if there's a 4th he better be in it or I'll be heartbroken. :P

Anyway, the action scenes and special effects are pretty awesome in all of 'em. I liked Keith Richards in #3 - thought it was funny. And Jack being all nutty in parts of this one are just hilarious. I love the scene with the rock-crabs. I guess I'm easily entertained. haha I can't pick a favorite among the 3, but I will say they are the only Disney movies I actually like. lol

• Moderators

SPOILERS IF YOU CARE

The 4th movie will of course be about the fountain of youth that they went looking for at the end of the 3rd one. It was such a cop out ending. They were claiming 3 would be the last one but they had to throw in that bit just in case they could make another bazillion dollars. :P

The problem I had with the 3rd was that it was too long and only had like 3-4 action sequences. I was so dissapointed when all the witch lady did was blow up and make a whirlpool. I was expecting some sort of awesome thing to happen. :( Killing off the squid monster guy was a bad move too because he was the coolest character in the whole movie. :P

SPOILERS IF YOU CARE

The 4th movie will of course be about the fountain of youth that they went looking for at the end of the 3rd one. It was such a cop out ending. They were claiming 3 would be the last one but they had to throw in that bit just in case they could make another bazillion dollars. :P

Yeah I knew it would be the Fountain of Youth for the 4th one. Hadn't heard of 3 being the last though. I'd always been hearing they were going to go for 6, but after the 3rd I wasn't sure if they'd actually be able to do it. Stranger things have happened though so ya never know.

The problem I had with the 3rd was that it was too long and only had like 3-4 action sequences. I was so dissapointed when all the witch lady did was blow up and make a whirlpool. I was expecting some sort of awesome thing to happen. :( Killing off the squid monster guy was a bad move too because he was the coolest character in the whole movie. :P

Oh yeah, it *was* long. And I was sad to see Davy Jones die because that was one kick ass costume. lol I did like the final fight scene though, and I was so glad that Barbosa was back. And there were just so many twists and turns in this one (who's the goody guy/who's the bad guy kinda thing) so it kinda keeps you on your toes (or at least it did for me and my friends). I, too, was disappointed when Calypso just blew up though. I was expecting more in that scene. And as for the very final scene (after the credits), the "10 years later" thing kinda threw me off. I mean, will it really take Jack 10 years to find the fountain of youth? Or will the 4th one be during those 10 years? That's where I'm a little "iffy" about a 4th.

• Moderators

dough I didn't stay after the credits! :( I saw it late at night so I was already tired so we just left.(pretty sad when your so impatient you can't watch 3min of credits. :P)

Barbosa is the best character hands down besides the Davy Jones. He was the only real pirate.

The scene where he is performing the mariage might be my favorite in the whole movie.

dough I didn't stay after the credits! :( I saw it late at night so I was already tired so we just left.(pretty sad when your so impatient you can't watch 3min of credits/. :P)

Oh you didn't see it! Oh well, it wasn't anything major, but like I said it came up with a "10 years later" thing. And it involved Will and Elizabeth. That's all I'm sayin so I don't spoil it too much for those who didn't see the movie. We caught it late too...I think it was like an 11:20pm showing or something. We got home at like 3am. lol But we knew there would be something after the credits. And we were the only 3 morons left in the theater to see it. haha We're special. :lol:

Barbosa is the best character hands down besides the Davy Jones. He was the only real pirate.

The scene where he is performing the mariage might be my favorite in the whole movie.

OMG that scene was hilarious!! And Barbosa is an awesome dude. At the end of the 2nd I knew he'd show up. There's just no way to have another Pirates movie without him.

• Moderators

Went to see that just a couple of days ago. Didn't stay until after the credits either, although I'm not that fussed.

I watch these movies for one thing only, Jack Sparrow, especially when he's running.

I might even buy this:

serious-sparrow-clam_s.jpg.xs.jpg

Maybe this one for Lulu:

Will-Turner-pack_s.jpg.xs.jpg

And not to leave Rridgely out:

captin-barbossa-pack_s.jpg.xs.jpg

And while we're still just slightly off topic, Orlando Bloom in Kingdom of Heaven. Pretty good.

LOL watching him run...you can't do anything but laugh. I seriously love how he played the character and doubt anyone could do as good a job as he has thus far. Plus his facial expressions are classic.

I like the action figures. I'd buy the whole set if I could (and maybe a life-size one of Will...hehe). I'm definitely a sucker for collectibles. I'll add them to my list of look-ups on eBay. I'm sure I'll find them there. haha

Haven't seen Kingdom of Heaven, but did see a screen shot of Orlando in a bed half naked, so yeah I have to see it. *blushes*

Awesome link! The opening scene is awesome (not that people dying is cool...lol) and the song, Hoist the Colors, is STILL stuck in my head even though I saw it like 2 weeks ago. You definitely have to see the movie. And whatever you do, don't leave for a potty break because odds are you'll get lost when you get back to the film. lol