Coral Snapfire alternative wanted

DennisD

• Moderators

All of my daughters mates (allegedly), have this imaging software called Coral Snapfire, which they use before uploading their pics to Ringo.

There's a stripped down free version, and a commercially available full version. The magic of this programme is it's ability to "make over" a face.

You can make teeth whiter, make your holiday tan more golden. Vain stuff like that. Of course this is not something I would dream of using myself. :P

Trouble is, I've tried the free version, which obviously doesn't include the makeover tools, but the programme itself is the slowest thing I've ever had on my pc.

My hard drive was taking a fit trying to load any of the features, or even changing thumbnails.

Luckily, I installed it under good old Power Shadow, and it's now an ex image editor.

But that doesn't get my daughter off my back.

Do any of you wonderful people know of a freeware (preferably), programme with similar makeover tools?

Thanks

• Moderators
Do any of you wonderful people know of a freeware (preferably), programme with similar makeover tools?

I don't know of any - I know not very helpful one bit.

Just tell the kids to get used to and love Microsoft Paint! :lol::P

• Moderators

PC World compares it to Google's free Picasa:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,126952-page,1/article.html

You can use picasa to make pictures look much better but you can't specifically do things like you mentioned.

On the plus side if you just can't find something and if they just will die without the program at least its not that expensive. 40 bucks is more then I would pay for it but at least its not over 100. :P

I don't know of any - I know not very helpful one bit.

Just tell the kids to get used to and love Microsoft Paint! :lol::P

You are from my neck of the woods with regards to software, I still use paint a lot, I have just recently started using paint.net a bit more though.

Anyway, sorry Dennis, can't help you here, I'll ask my kids.

• Moderators
On the plus side if you just can't find something and if they just will die without the program at least its not that expensive. 40 bucks is more then I would pay for it but at least its not over 100. :P

Thanks for trying rridgely. But you know what's really funny?

She has a good career, with a good income, but put her hand in her pocket? That's what dads do. ;)

If a French Program doesn't bother you, try this Frhttp://www.photofiltre.com/ench. Both a free and pay for. The Plug ins available are almost limitless and there should be enough to satisfy all. I use it for fun to do a lot of Clone work and send to friends, and a few enemy's!

Really believe this will suit the youngsters and they can pick the plug ins they want, or download the lot of them.

Mudd

• Moderators
You are from my neck of the woods with regards to software, I still use paint a lot, I have just recently started using paint.net a bit more though.

I used to use an older version of PhotoShop and never really like the expensive clunker because all it did was crash.

I've been using Paint.NET allot lately since more recent versions no longer crash out of nowhere but mostly for making program icons. Microsoft Paint can't be totally laughed at because there was someone that made a Mona Lisa painting in it which is beyond my talent.

If a French Program doesn't bother you, try this Frhttp://www.photofiltre.com/ench. Both a free and pay for. The Plug ins available are almost limitless and there should be enough to satisfy all.

Yeah with the plugins for it there's allot that can be done!

• Moderators
If a French Program doesn't bother you, try this Frhttp://www.photofiltre.com/ench. Both a free and pay for. The Plug ins available are almost limitless and there should be enough to satisfy all. I use it for fun to do a lot of Clone work and send to friends, and a few enemy's!

Really believe this will suit the youngsters and they can pick the plug ins they want, or download the lot of them.

PhotoFiltre 6.2.7, English version is free. DLd that to try. Lots of plugins. Thanks for the link Mudd.

Dennis, have a look here at the trial version, I bet her friends don't have this!

http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/

Some really good but expensive stuff on here, but worth looking at the trial versions.

You're right about her friends not having it, and she probably won't have it after the trial period if she doesn't learn how to use her credit card. :D

Thanks for the link Hazel.

Dennis - You are welcome. I understand it was designed/written by some French Univ Students as a project some years ago. The newer students just keep improving it.

I'm certainly not an expert but it has the plug ins that some of the "pay for" versions don't have and it will do for me to the extent of my knowledge.

Mudd

• Moderators
Dennis, for a really great tutorial link go here, there are many pages of helpful things about photofiltre

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread....ght=photofiltre

Like I've told you before Hazel, you're a star. That's a great link.

I've picked up a quite a bit over the last couple of days, but between you and me, (and the rest of the planet), I have no idea what some of these menu items mean, let alone do.

But it's great fun finding out. :)