So disappointed (Velvet Revolver)

rridgely

• Moderators

Velvet Revolver which is a hard rock band that is basically the guys from Guns N' Roses with the singer from Stone Temple Pilots has released one new full song and then snippets of a few others. You can sadly only find them on AOL and you have to use IE to listen:

http://music.aol.com/artist/velvet-revolver/651389/main

I must say I'm pretty disappointed. :(

When I know that the guitarist is Slash I'm expecting really bluesy style guitar like what GNR had. Even though it was hard rock you could definitely hear the difference in his style and in the Velvet Revolver stuff it just doesn't come out. I've been waiting to hear stuff off this album for a long time too. <_<

Stone Temple Pilots were a cool band and their album Purple is one of my favorite albums of the 90s and I love me some GNR but I just don't like them mixed. The songs definitely aren't as good as either band in my opinion. Anyway give them a listen and post your opinions. I really hope the other songs are better.

They will probably tear up the charts though because lets face it, todays rock music blows.

• Moderators
I must say I'm pretty disappointed. :(

Their first CD was enough to turn me away. :P The way the singer does that weird dancing around is rather odd. Sadly being former GNR members is no saving grace, however keep in mind that musicians can change their styles allot and rather the listeners like it is subjective, and of course a change of style with loose some listeners and acquire new ones.

GnR and STP are kick ass bands; there's no doubt about that. But I also think Velvet Revolver is pretty damn good too. When their single Fall To Pieces came out in '04 (I think that was the year) I was kinda blown away. The music was a little different from what I'd expected, but sometimes different is good. And with me, this was one of those times. But maybe I'm the minority on that one.

As for their new songs that are AOL, all I can say is Libertad is an album I'll most likely buy. I wish they had put up the entire song for "She Mine" rather than a snippet though because I'm really feelin' it. "She Builds Quick Machines" is good too. I'm bobbin' my head as I type this. But then again, maybe I'm just weird. :D

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

I am not a fan of Velvet Revolver even though I am a huge GNR fan. Slash can play but his writing ability is way overrated. Notice who did most of the writing of the big songs for GNR? It was Izzy. When he left after the Use your Illussion CD's GNR was done. Never released anything worth crap again. That singer from STP is as messed up as Axle is/was you would think Slash and Duff and the boys would learn to stay away from singers with LSD (lead singer disease).

Yup, never rated them. Loved GnR gut everything I heard from Revolvers first album just seemed bog standard MoR rock. Slash's solo albums weren't great either so no big surprise.

• Moderators
The way the singer does that weird dancing around is rather odd.

Thats what being a heroin addict does to you. :P

He did that in STP too and got a lot of flack for it but I guess thats his style.. He really can be a great singer though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-Qf5Bi8XA8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtXSgbLddt4

• Moderators
I am not a fan of Velvet Revolver even though I am a huge GNR fan. Slash can play but his writing ability is way overrated. Notice who did most of the writing of the big songs for GNR? It was Izzy. When he left after the Use your Illussion CD's GNR was done. Never released anything worth crap again. That singer from STP is as messed up as Axle is/was you would think Slash and Duff and the boys would learn to stay away from singers with LSD (lead singer disease).

Very true about izzy. There are video's of him performing with the new gnr over the summer at some concerts. Rumours are that he may rejoin with axl before/after/if he releases chinese democracy.

The demo songs for the new gnr are really interesting. They aren't finished but a few of them sound like they are going to be huge.

I've been listening to a song called "The Blues" for weeks now and its always on my mp3 players playlist. :D

Very true about izzy. There are video's of him performing with the new gnr over the summer at some concerts. Rumours are that he may rejoin with axl before/after/if he releases chinese democracy.

The demo songs for the new gnr are really interesting. They aren't finished but a few of them sound like they are going to be huge.

I've been listening to a song called "The Blues" for weeks now and its always on my mp3 players playlist. :D

I would love to see the original guys from GNR (especially Izzy) get back together if Axle can keep his $hit together. Axle wrecked that band. Izzy wouldn't even travel with them near the end there. Izzy was traveling by bus.