CNET Top 5 crapware

Humpty

:lol::lol::lol:

Very true. Practically the forst thing I do with a new PC is uninstall the stuff I don't want or will never use. If MS didn't tie in some of their programs so tightly with the OS, I would uninstall them as well.

• Moderators

AOL should have their own catagory. I wouldn't be too agrivated if they started shipping pcs with their Active Virus shield though instead of norton/mcafee.(I would still uninstall it but at least its not as bad as mcafee/norton)

I just set up a brand new out of the box HP machine that came with

AOL ISP junk

AOL Screensaver junk

Viewpoint media player junk

AOL Messenger junk

Weatherbug junk(not technically AOL I guess but they ship it with all of their junk software)

Did I make it clear enough that aol is junk? :P

• Moderators

Crystal clear El Capitan! :P

I knew their ISP wasn't that great during my first week of using it back in 1999, however I did use it for a year up until I started getting junk in the mail (snail mail) billed to my AOL account that I didn't even order. :rolleyes:

Other junk that's on new PC's is all the media playing software, when low and behold Microsoft already include WMP, although I'm not found of WMP either and would probably consider it junk too.

Though to be fair we've been on AOL for a few years and the actual connection has been great, no disconnections, good speeds, no downtime etc. Admittedly all the software is bollocks :D

• Moderators
Admittedly all the software is bollocks :D

Any third-party software just to connect to the Internet is rather dumb in my opinion especially since Windows comes with all the necessary tools for connecting.