Why I hate most of the internet

rridgely

• Moderators

Anyone else here use digg.com?

I read the headlines on the side and whatevers on the front page. Then I search the upcoming stories in software and thats it.

I don't bother reading the comment sections because of the impressive level of stupidity but now you can't even read the front page anymore.

Apparently the HD DVD decryption key was hacked and people are posting the key over and over and over and over. Thats all that is on the front page now. They are doing this because the admins started deleting stories because they don't want to get sued. Well the "community" as they like to call themselves are pretty much ruining the site. This is true stupidity at its purest form.

I knew the users on the site were dumb from the comments(lets face it most are probably like 12.) but digg is a great place to see cool upcoming stories without having to search all over the place for them. Its basically slashdot but its not ugly and users can submit stories. (I never got into slashdot much. I just don't like it.) I would always find out about software releases super quick on that site because people will post that something was released as soon as its uploaded to the server.

Anyway digg.com sucks and the users are idiots. Thats the end of my rant.

I'm not familiar with digg.com, but I can say I am familiar with the stupidity level at other online "communities". It's hard to find a messageboard or chat room that doesn't have 90% of it's members acting like 2 year olds. It's sad to see a good site gone bad just because some people can't control themselves...

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

Myspace scares me. :unsure:

Scares me sometimes as well. :huh:

Don't go there usually but my three daughters have profiles over there for everyone to see.

No probs with that but what scares me is that after a perusal I think "blimey, my kids have certainly grown up". :rolleyes:

Scares me sometimes as well. :huh:

Don't go there usually but my three daughters have profiles over there for everyone to see.

No probs with that but what scares me is that after a perusal I think "blimey, my kids have certainly grown up". :rolleyes:

You're a brave dad to let them have profiles there (though I don't know how old your kids are..haha). I about went ballistic when I found out my neighbor's daughter had one...and it definitely was not the kind of stuff I'd expected of her. All I can say is 14, 15, 16 year olds are much more grown up then when I was that age... :blink:

19, 21 and 23.Been adults since they turned 13 though.You know the old saying - "13 going on 21".

It was hard enough trying to tell them things when they were in their early teens let alone now. :lol:

Forgot to add they are all living elsewhere in happy relationships with their own PCs.

Haha yeah well there's nothing you could do about Myspace now. :D

Many think they're truly mature, only in on.... bah the heck with it people think they're smart enough to post their illegal creations like cracks and such but they don't know the back side of it. The admins did only what is right yet the people thought it as wrong, what they know and is good for them is right and what is bad or what they don't know is wrong. Selfish ways perhaps

(Ok.... I think I got carried away)

About myspace, I'm scared of a spyware infecting that site so I'll block it :wacko:

Close. Outer Space would be preferable.

It's safer than Myspace that's for sure. :lol: