Fancy Images, Graphical Arts and Media

Ishi

Hi, in response to February Desktops, I want to see some people show off their artistic talents by posting images of graphical material made by themselves. The subject could be anything as long as it is modest and is made or designed by yourselves using any image creation or rendering software out there you can use. You can also edit existing images as long as the design concept is yours originally.

You can also show images that were not made by you that you think is fancy and will attract attention but you have to state where you got it from.

It can be in thumbnail, Imageshack or Photobucket.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators

Imageshack is not really welcomed here for screenshots as it slows down the page loading.

It's really bad for our dialup users.

I thought that this is what our monthly desktop thread was for. Some users have made their own adjustments to photos etc for their desktop post.

Where's you artistic image then lshi?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Mine is making my own icons, and fixing or modifying icons for use on my system. I'm not going to bother posting any though.

Andavari,

Hope I`m not going off topic here,but the icon making idea I think is great, Iv`e used ready made free ones from www.iconarchive.com

and i know there are programs you can download,

I did post years ago about making/having a Piriform one( a Pear) I made one for my Piriform folder but Microsoft "restored" it`s own again and i`ve lost it ! perhaps Andavari we could ask for a iconmaking for dummies link ! or could you make icon`s on request for any of us lot !!

Fluff

I need one of a watering can for a gardening folder !!

Imageshack is not really welcomed here for screenshots as it slows down the page loading.

It's really bad for our dialup users.

I thought that this is what our monthly desktop thread was for. Some users have made their own adjustments to photos etc for their desktop post.

Where's you artistic image then lshi?

Well as I said before, you can post any fancy image you like.

OK, lets write off Imageshack. I have samples of my work..... Sorry, I seem to run out of space for thumbnail attachments.

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp80/Bi...pg?t=1265797927

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp80/Bi...pg?t=1265798061

Mine is making my own icons, and fixing or modifying icons for use on my system. I'm not going to bother posting any though.

What I'm trying to do is something like what's in this forum. Follow the links and see some examples..

http://forum.the-west.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=32137

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=16986&page=2

If you like making icons, then show them here for us to see.

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

LOL what you see from above are just samples and are not serious.

• Moderators

You could incorporate this stuff into the desktop thread, but the Images would have to be part of your desktop otherwise the thread would just become crazy.

I made my own desktop some time ago, and hazel proudly used it for a while she was so knocked out by it.

Don't be put off by the high standard shown in the creation below, we can't all be Leonardo da Vinci's.

From my "Blue" period:

Made with Tux Paint:

:)

I read through that topic - that guy Bill is an idiot. Go to youtube, search drawing a car in paint, or drawing the Mona Lisa in paint, and it can be done, it's just SUPER time intensive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2sPl_Z7ZU...feature=related

That bill guy is a full of fail.

AJ

Well maybe he is not an expert and maybe you can't do anything better than what he did in your own thing so we can't just judge him like that.

And you have to consider the possibility that what you see on Youtube can be fake. You see that they have shown those videos on fast forward and notice how straightly they made those lines? Applying paint layers, barely using the magnifier tool to make a fine coloring. If I was using an average mouse to draw, I can't do that for ten to a hundred years.

I believe that an artist is an artist in his own will and you don't need to make a Mona Lisa to prove that. Mona Lisa is originally by Da Vinci without those fancy fast forward showoffs. If you make a Mona Lisa, it may seem UNORIGINAL so that degrades artistic sense.

Look at abstract painting for instance, you can't immediately find out what takes shape, you need to create your own definition of what that image means and that for me is art.

Well maybe he is not an expert and maybe you can't do anything better than what he did in your own thing so we can't just judge him like that.

And you have to consider the possibility that what you see on Youtube can be fake. You see that they have shown those videos on fast forward and notice how straightly they made those lines? Applying paint layers, barely using the magnifier tool to make a fine coloring. If I was using an average mouse to draw, I can't do that for ten to a hundred years.

I believe that an artist is an artist in his own will and you don't need to make a Mona Lisa to prove that. Mona Lisa is originally by Da Vinci without those fancy fast forward showoffs. If you make a Mona Lisa, it may seem UNORIGINAL so that degrades artistic sense.

Look at abstract painting for instance, you can't immediately find out what takes shape, you need to create your own definition of what that image means and that for me is art.

I have no claim on talent - but he was failing to recognize some simple effects that another member had done. I'm not saying that you have to create something as good as these people's work to be considered an artist, but his ignorant comments about what the program can and can't be used for are what set me off. I realize abstract art is art in it's own right - I respect it for what it is. I prefer certain types of art, but I can still see art for what it is - a creation that can be interpreted by both the creator and viewer - and having different interpretations is one of the pluses of art.

Yeah, there's a lot of fake stuff on Youtube, but I can correctly assume that either of these two wasn't doing this just to show off and fake something. Hell, if it is fake, it still took a lot of work to do that. But the guy who did the Mona Lisa - look at his profile page. Youtube profile page link The whole sped up thing is cause these things do take a lot of time. He works in other mediums as well, some very unorthodox - and really cool :D .

My point is that some people have the talent to make some pretty amazing things with simple programs. I was not dissing one person because of a "lower skill" level or set of talents, but his comment about another member doing something in Paint that was "impossible" was just false and ignorant.

But enough thread derailment. I haven't created new pieces of art as much as photoshopped stuff together. I'll provide links because the ones I have are from Imageshack.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/160/starwarsphotoshop.jpg

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/7571/wa...mer1copyuc5.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7827/ctski1wh1.jpg

AJ

• Moderators
perhaps Andavari we could ask for a iconmaking for dummies link ! or could you make icon`s on request for any of us lot !!

Fluff

I need one of a watering can for a gardening folder !!

Nice try to get me to make free icons but I'm not that nice. :lol: So the answer is no I'm not going to be making icons on request for anyone. I'm no pro at it and only do it casually for myself, but if I were better at it I'd have a commercial site and charge to make them.

I use two freeware programs for all my icon making/editing those are:

* IcoFX

* Paint.NET which requires Icon/Cursor Paint.NET Plug-in by Evan.

You're watering can you need is probably a common icon, look on deviantART, Iconspedia, KDE-Look, etc., or search for it.

There's so many free icon sites out there that are bound to have something available.

I have no claim on talent - but he was failing to recognize some simple effects that another member had done. I'm not saying that you have to create something as good as these people's work to be considered an artist, but his ignorant comments about what the program can and can't be used for are what set me off. I realize abstract art is art in it's own right - I respect it for what it is. I prefer certain types of art, but I can still see art for what it is - a creation that can be interpreted by both the creator and viewer - and having different interpretations is one of the pluses of art.

/7827/ctski1wh1.jpg[/url]

AJ

You ain't kidding there, having read that thread, I was surprised of how arrogant that guy, Bill turned out to be. Maybe he was afraid that his work might get overmatched.

I still appreciate things around here that people show more than what was on Youtube.

Nice try to get me to make free icons but I'm not that nice. :lol: So the answer is no I'm not going to be making icons on request for anyone. I'm no pro at it and only do it casually for myself, but if I were better at it I'd have a commercial site and charge to make them.

I use two freeware programs for all my icon making/editing those are:

* IcoFX

* Paint.NET which requires Icon/Cursor Paint.NET Plug-in by Evan.

You're watering can you need is probably a common icon, look on deviantART, Iconspedia, KDE-Look, etc., or search for it.

There's so many free icon sites out there that are bound to have something available.

I have tried this Paint. net last year. I think you can actually download that from Filehippo. I also used Google Scetchup which I got from the very same website. I did a 3D model of a house with it actually.