CCleaner updates

AndyPopely

I have friends who use CCleaner. Many of them are computer novices and often mess up doing the update to their current version of CCleaner. The latest mistake is updating their current english version of CCleaner with a non english update.

Are there plans to change CCleaner so it updates itself with no or minimum user interaction ?

• Moderators

there's really not a non-english/english version of ccleaner, if they have it set to a different lang have them press the last button on the grey bar (looks like a piece of paper with check marks) and then the first button of that list. The first drop down on that page will allow lang selection

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I've registered to point this question also, almost every time I start the program I'm asked to download another setup package (exe).

Along with the coolness with the program itself and I praise and thank the developers for it, this doesn't seem an optimal choice imho, maybe just small separate script/packages/plugins may be downloaded by the main executable not a whole installer?

maybe just small separate script/packages/plugins may be downloaded by the main executable not a whole installer?

It's to do with bandwidth so im told. I don't quite understand the big fuss over having to update with an installer. From download to install it takes less then a minute.

No fate but what we make