CCleaner Community Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. That can/will happen if a Wipe Free Space is inturrupted unexpectedly, such as by a power failure or unplugging an external drive while it is wiping. Drive wipes work by filling up the disc (or the 'free' parts of the disc) with one or more files containing random data, (typically X's and Zeros) and then deleting that data. That way any files that you have previously deleted get overwritten with random data, and so cannot later be recovered by recovery software. Of course if anything should stop the drive wipe before it has deleted the random data that it has written then that random data will remain, taking up space on the disc. That sounds like what has happened to you, the wipe has been unexpectedly halted and so couldn't remove the random data it had written. So you just have to remove it yourself now. (You can't simply run the programme again, because it isn't 'free space' anymore it's got random data in it). If you look in File Explorer then you should see one or more files (and/or a folder) with long, apparently random, names on the drive that you were wiping (probably C:) They'll have a creation date of the wipe, and a big file size. If you delete them the free space should be back.
  4. No one here suggested reformatting/repartitioning the drive at this stage. The fact that you have done that and still can't see it suggests that it is something in Windows itself that is not seeing/reporting the drive. Look again at options 1, 3, 4, and 6 in that link I gave. Those are all fixes for Windows itself, not any 3rd party tool.
  5. Usually 3rd party partitioning software that has more features than what's built into Windows own partition tool have the ability to hide/unhide partitions. In those 3rd party partition tools however you have to remember to click the Apply button though in order for them to follow your requests otherwise they won't do anything.
  6. What is the drive that is missing, a usb stick, an SSD or a hard disk?
  7. Formatting the drive will not bring back the drive letter. Connected several USB sticks formatted them and the drive (i) is still missing. Used the program https://www.easeus.com/ Same no (i) drive?
  8. trium

ublock users

ublock v1.25.0 gorhill released this 9 days ago Changes: Firefox 60+ uBO requires a new permission, dns, which is required to solve issue 780. This may triggers a new permission warning from Firefox when uBO updates to the latest dev build, specifically "Access IP address and hostname information"[1], even though this was already possible for uBO to access that information (through the webRequest API): From now on uBO will CNAME-uncloak network requests. CNAME-uncloaked network requests will appear as blue entries in the popup panel and the logger. The uncloaked entries in the popup panel will also show the related aliases (in smaller characters underneath the canonical names)[2]: Network requests which were blocked, redirected, or excepted by a filter/rule are not uncloaked. Canonical hostnames which are first party to the associated alias hostname are not fed back into uBO's filtering engine. [1] Important: "IP address" refers to the IP address of network requests fired by your browser, not the specific IP address assigned to you, uBO has no access to your specific IP address. [2] Warning: CNAME-aliased hostnames exist most likely for content delivery purpose, i.e. legitimate. Firefox for Android New user interface for the popup panel: This re-design was made in collaboration with Mozilla's Bram Pitoyo. (There is more work left to do.) Closed as fixed: Reverse lookup of filter fails with wildcard-leading patterns Search Bar is partially hidden on list pages "0" prefixes are currently not accepted as valid hosts entries [Regression] Show requests blocked in the logger as a result of csp= option Source list of entity filter with subdomain is not looked up correctly Fanboy's Cookie List moved to better place Cosmetic filtering issue with Shadow DOM/tree/root "::" entry in notracking hosts file blocks URLs containing "::" Adsbygoogle.js injectable does not validate whether iframe going to be injected is already exist or not Address 1st-party tracker blocking Allow clicking on domain to expand it to show hosts Notable commits with no entry in issue tracker: New way to convey IDN and CNAME info in popup panel Harden abort-current-inline-script scriplet Remove "uBlock filters -- Experimental" from stock lists Fix unescaped attr value in generated CSS selector Fix regex-like filter representation in logger Improve neutered Google Analytics replacement scriptlet
  9. trium

ublock users

firefox legacy v1.16.4.18 gorhill released this 11 days ago Change Fix a bug that in certain conditions prevents updating assets Incorporate redirect resources into the local repo and update the scriptlets Add missing scriplets: nosiif.js / no-setInterval-if.js nostif.js / no-setTimeout-if.js raf-if.js / requestAnimationFrame-if.js json-prune.js Update existing scriptlets: set.js / set-constant.js acis.js / abort-current-inline-script.js Update filter syntax converter Apply filter syntax converter to RU AdList Counters
  10. trium

ublock users

firefox legacy v1.16.4.17 gorhill released this 18 days ago Change Improve runtime environment detection using pre-parsing directives Make uBlock for firefox-legacy have env_firefox defined as true Add an additional token env_legacy which is true only for uBlock for firefox-legacy Make uBlock for firefox-legacy auto-update using GitHub This makes uBlock Origin Updater obsolete Add support for !#if false in list directive processor Remove some leftover Chromium-specific code
  11. trium

ublock users

firefox legacy v1.16.4.16 gorhill released this on 26 Jan. 2020 Change Fix parsing of nested !#if-!#endif directives Update link to the remote assets.json Apply syntax converter to embedded uBlock filters
  12. trium

ublock users

firefox legacy v1.16.4.15 gorhill released this on 17 Jan. 2020 Change Update filter syntax converter for firefox-legacy (pull request by JustOff)
  13. Was running a custom clean (wiping MFT free space) on my computer when i tripped over the power cable and my computer shut down, when I restarted it went from 226 gb of free space to 31gb and I have no Idea what to do
  14. Yesterday
  15. lespj

mr

why do speccy report i only have 3071 physical memory , when a asus rog strix 2080 ti ha 11gb
  16. I've flagged this for the developers to look at why you didn't get a reply from support
  17. Any time I try to to remote install or remote upgrade agents I get the following failure. I have emailed support and sales (since no one at support will respond) and have not heard anything after 3 attempts over 2 weeks. Maybe someone here can shed some light......
  18. After using CCleaner for windows many years I purchased the CCleaner Professional for MAC. I'm very disappointed in the limited options for this version. For the price I also do not like having to work around the startup for the software. In my onion this product is a scam for the MAC users. Very disappointed.
  19. The two versions are exactly the same, apart from the fact that certain features are not enabled in the free version. (The coding for the features is still there in the free version, just not enabled). That is why there is only one installer and not seperate ones for Free and Pro. So if they are acting differently then it's one of those Pro features that you have selected, or you have something setup differently. Let's see if we can work out what it is. Firstly, when it stops at 43% what file/folder does it say its working on? Is that particular entry unticked (or an exclusion) in your free version? For the startup issue. Do you have 'Run CCleaner when the computer starts' ticked? (Options>Settings). Do you have smart cleaning enabled, if so what settings do you have ticked? (Options>Smart Cleaning). In the pro version do you have 'apply these updates automatically' selected for product updates? (Options>Updates).
  20. It is not recommended to run the Registry Cleaner on a regular basis, especially with Windows 10. The way that Win 10 updates every month no registry cleaner can keep up with valid changes to the registry, and may/will remove needed entries. Registry Cleaning is a special tool used to help fix a 'broken' computer. Using the Registry Cleaner on a regular basis will not speed up your computer in any way, and may even stop it working properly. We regularly see posts here where someone has 'broken' their computer by using the Registry Cleaner indiscriminately. It is planned to move the Registry Cleaner into the tools menu to make clearer that it's not something that should be run regularly. https://ideas.ccleaner.com/roadmap Here is what Microsoft have to say about Registry Cleaners (ie. don't do it, or it's at your own risk): https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2563254/microsoft-support-policy-for-the-use-of-registry-cleaning-utilities
  21. Thanks , worked well and now up and running
  22. Last week
  23. Is CCleaner running on an Admin account, or a limited user account? It has limited capabilities if not ran with Admin privileges. I don't personally use it, but when hit by a road block of Windows I'll just Take Ownership in Windows 10 of a file or folder.
  24. In your first screenshot I originally had that run off of the text at the bottom when I got a 15 inch laptop with a 1080p screen. There's a ton of programs that are in need of an update to natively address Windows 10 scaling, so I usually dabble with either great or limited success manually changing the High DPI Scaling Override of programs. You can change them on a shortcut, or the actual .EXE file by right-clicking it and selecting: Properties > Compatibility Screenshot:
  25. The pics are zoomed in so to see how small the fonts are on my monitor you have to save the pics and display them in Paint at 100%
  26. I find the fonts in Recuva when displayed on a hi res monitor to be really small. Also note that at the top of the main screen the text does not wrap properly.
  27. Every time I run Registry Cleaner, I have to do it two or three times, to completely remove all registry fails. I'd like to suggest CCleaner to do this multiple steps automatically.
  28. Here's a conundrum the free version cleans MUCH faster than the version I paid $$$$ for, it routinely stops at 43% and takes FOREVER to complete plus it HOGS my computer doing whatever at startup so I am sticking with the free version for good WORKS GREAT somebody check this out please.
  1. Load more activity