Ted Nugent: A smart rock star? (Gun Control)

rridgely

• Moderators

This is a very interesting piece of writing:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/commentar...gent/index.html

If anyone doesn't know who ted nugent is, he is pretty much an American guitar legend from the 60s and 70s. In recent times he has been a real pro gun advocate and hunter guy(I can't think of a better way to put it. :P) He has some cool songs but I've never been a huge fan of his, but that article is pretty interesting.

Sure hindsight is 20/20 and I don't think giving everyone guns is a good idea, but what about teachers? Often times college students are exmilitary people going back to school when their done, why can't they have guns? Some interesting stuff to think about. Personally I think the US is turning into a bunch of wusses who want to pretend the world is such a wonderful place. It seems a lot of people are so delusional that they would rather think its us doing something wrong and not the psychos who want to kill people just for the sake of killing.

• Moderators
an American guitar legend from the 60s and 70s.

Also from the 80s, 90s, and on up! ;)

About the other stuff mentioned, such as Americans becoming wussies I'd have to agree. People are too damned passive and will sit quietly waiting for someone to victimize them - however the era and mindset I come from is different and more confronting.

This is a very interesting piece of writing:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/commentar...gent/index.html

If anyone doesn't know who ted nugent is, he is pretty much an American guitar legend from the 60s and 70s. In recent times he has been a real pro gun advocate and hunter guy(I can't think of a better way to put it. :P) He has some cool songs but I've never been a huge fan of his, but that article is pretty interesting.

I work/hunt/fish with his first cousin. He's also hunted with TN!

• Moderators
Also from the 80s, 90s, and on up! ;)

Nah, in the late 80's and early 90's he had a lapse of judgement known as Damn Yankees. :o

How he went from Cat Scratch Fever and Stranglehold to a band with the dude from styx I'll never know. :(

Nah, in the late 80's and early 90's he had a lapse of judgement known as Damn Yankees. :o

How he went from Cat Scratch Fever and Stranglehold to a band with the dude from styx I'll never know. :(

Argh! Styx hater!

The jig is up, the news is out, they've finally found you!

IPB Image

• Moderators
Argh! Styx hater!

The jig is up, the news is out, they've finally found you!

Seems he's the Anti-Nugent well at least for the 80's and 90's. :P

I personally liked Damn Yankees, however one of the albums they made was seriously lacking enough bass even for a rock/hard rock band.