Not downloading properly

claire22

I have just paid for and tried to install the CCleaner package and everytime i do it goes through to the install page but doesnt do it. When i double click on the icon it just goes back to trying to install it. And i have tried to recycle bin thing and that doesnt work.

Frustrated now

any ideas anyone?

Claire

• Moderators

Hello Clair22 and welcome to the forum :)

First, there is no need to pay to have CCleaner, it is totally free. Some people like to make a donation but it is NOT needed in order to have the program.

Can I ask where you downloaded it from? Do you get any error messages when you are trying to use it?

Here is the offical site

http://www.CCleaner.com/download/builds.aspx

and the basic build (without the yahoo toolbar) would be a good choice. Just download to your desktop and try it after uninstalling the other one via add and remove in your control panel, if it is listed there, or deleting it from your desktop if it hasn't installed at all.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Hello Clair22 and welcome to the forum :)

First, there is no need to pay to have CCleaner, it is totally free. Some people like to make a donation but it is NOT needed in order to have the program.

Can I ask where you downloaded it from? Do you get any error messages when you are trying to use it?

Here is the offical site

http://www.CCleaner.com/download/builds.aspx

and the basic build (without the yahoo toolbar) would be a good choice. Just download to your desktop and try it after uninstalling the other one via add and remove in your control panel, if it is listed there, or deleting it from your desktop if it hasn't installed at all.

I have uninstalled the first one - but it wasnt installed anyway because it wasnt in add /remove programs and i have just been to the link you suggested and tried to download it again but it did the same think. When it goes onto the wizard box and gets to the final step it doesnt work and when i double click on the icon on the desktop it takes me back to the trying to install it.

Am not sure I want this any more is there anyway I can get my money back?

Thanks

Claire

I have uninstalled the first one - but it wasnt installed anyway because it wasnt in add /remove programs and i have just been to the link you suggested and tried to download it again but it did the same think. When it goes onto the wizard box and gets to the final step it doesnt work and when i double click on the icon on the desktop it takes me back to the trying to install it.

Am not sure I want this any more is there anyway I can get my money back?

Thanks

Claire

Please tell us exactly where you downloaded and payed for CCleaner, piriform only has a paypal link for donations:

Here is a sample of how CCleaner/pirifom ask for donations, you are in NO way required to pay for the software:

Although this software is free please donate to help support the software and site costs.

Everyone who donates $20 / ?10 / ?20 or more will be emailed all new releases before they're available to download on the site.

(Click on the image to donate using PayPal)

Huge thanks to those of you who have already donated!

fireryone

Hi, Claire22, welcome. :D If you paid for CCleaner by credit card, the card company may be able to help you. Sometimes they will refuse to pay a bill if there is a "legitimate" customer complaint. Good luck.

Often there is a time limit for filing complaints.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.