Is RegCure recommendable along with CCleaner?

Atnes

Hi to all,

Forgive me my ignorance :rolleyes: please - my computer is still rather slow, so I was considering downloading the RegCure software, although I downloaded the superbly functioning CCleaner a few days ago ... Does anoyone have any experience with RegCure? Does it have any sense to use it - together with CCleaner? And another question (forgive me again :( ) - when prompted to download the Ccelaner version 1.37.456, I am asked to chose between the

- Download from FileHippo.com (more downloads)

and the

- Alternative Download . What is the difference between these two options? More downloads? Or should I better wait for the version 1.8... to be realeased as announced? Thank you very much for any suggestions in both issues. Best to all! :)

• Moderators

I have never tried RegCure myself. The downloads are the same, it's just different websites. Version 1.38 will be coming out today or tomorrow, not sure yet.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

Does anoyone have any experience with RegCure? Does it have any sense to use it - together with CCleaner?

"RegCure is a rogue registry cleaning utility that gives the user false hopes in fixing the problems enumerated", said in Malwarebytes'RogueRemover application. RogueRemover is a utility that can remove various rogue antispyware, antivirus and hard drive cleaning utilities.

You can use CCleaner to clean the registry and RegSeeker too. They work very well.

I have never tried RegCure myself. The downloads are the same, it's just different websites. Version 1.38 will be coming out today or tomorrow, not sure yet.

Thank you for your reply. I'll wait for version 1.38

"RegCure is a rogue registry cleaning utility that gives the user false hopes in fixing the problems enumerated", said in Malwarebytes'RogueRemover application. RogueRemover is a utility that can remove various rogue antispyware, antivirus and hard drive cleaning utilities.

You can use CCleaner to clean the registry and RegSeeker too. They work very well.

Thanks a lot. Very useful information.

Please be EXTREMELY careful with RegSeeker if you choose to use it and if you're not sure what you're doing with the registry then leave RegSeeker well alone. Its a very powerful program with the ability to do an awful lot of damage in inexperienced hands.

Please be EXTREMELY careful with RegSeeker if you choose to use it and if you're not sure what you're doing with the registry then leave RegSeeker well alone. Its a very powerful program with the ability to do an awful lot of damage in inexperienced hands.

Thanks. I'll stick to CCleaner and use its registry cleaning option with much caution and strictly following the Guide, then no damage can happen I hope :blink: .

Thanks. I'll stick to CCleaner and use its registry cleaning option with much caution and strictly following the Guide, then no damage can happen I hope :blink: .

You should be fine with CCleaners reg/issues cleaner as it is designed to be very safe. Though you can make a backup when you fix any issues then if you have a problem you can restore the backup to fix it. Having said that I've been using CCleaner for about 2 years and never had any problems caused by the issues scanner.

• Moderators

If you don't mind spending a few bucks Registry Mechanic by PC Tools seem to be pretty good to me. I got it for free(the offer is gone now), but a I have been letting it fix whatever it finds on my laptop and desktop, and it hasn't caused any problems.(I of course keep back ups of my registry though).

http://www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/