issues with v1.37

hugtob

Hello.

First of all, thank you for this great tool (and for the last update).

Regarding version 1.37:

I suggest to change the french translation of "Save all settings to INI file" to "Enregistrer toutes les propri?t?s dans un fichier INI"

It seems that CCleaner doesn't remember the prefered gui language (when the settings are saved to an INI file): it always shows the english interface after beeing launched.

Tobias

Is that only when the preferences are stored in an INI file? I've read something similar in another forum.

I have installed the Japanese language version, and it executes perfectly in Japanese. I have not saved the preferences in an INI file.

• 2 weeks later...
This is a known problem. See Here

Hello All

New to this forum and CCleaner.

This is a great program.

I just updated to version 1.37 and the version update list shows

Added cleaning for Adobe Reader 8.0, IZArc, OpenOffice 2.1,

PerfectDisk 8.0.

I have OpenOffice 2.1 installed but it is not cleaning the entries for recently used documents.

It does not even show OpenOffice as an option to check in the applications section.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thinking of removing my paid for webroot window washer and replacing it with this program along with the free Eraser program mentioned in forums here from Heidi.

Thanks

EmanNV

... I have OpenOffice 2.1 installed but it is not cleaning the entries for recently used documents.

It does not even show OpenOffice as an option to check in the applications section.

The "detect" key that causes CCleaner to list OpenOffice 2.1 is HKLM\SOFTWARE\OpenOffice.org\OpenOffice.org\2.1

Check your registry to see if it's there.

The "detect" key that causes CCleaner to list OpenOffice 2.1 is HKLM\SOFTWARE\OpenOffice.org\OpenOffice.org\2.1

Check your registry to see if it's there.

Did a search. Not that familar with registry ins and outs but nothing showed when searched for

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OpenOffice.org\OpenOffice.org\2.1

Open office seems to work fine. Have not had it that long.

Any reason why this key would be missing?

Perhaps I removed it my mistake when using CCleaner.

Should I reinstall open office?

Thanks

EmanNV

... Any reason why this key would be missing? ...

It may not be completely missing ... it's possible that it's in a slightly different path. When you installed OO2.1, it should have offered a default folder path to which it would install. Is it possible you overrode that?

Try searching for just "OpenOffice" (without the quotation marks). You'll probably find lots of entries but see if one in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE or in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software has the "2.1" subkey.

It may not be completely missing ... it's possible that it's in a slightly different path. When you installed OO2.1, it should have offered a default folder path to which it would install. Is it possible you overrode that?

Try searching for just "OpenOffice" (without the quotation marks). You'll probably find lots of entries but see if one in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE or in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software has the "2.1" subkey.

I found some references to 2.1 so that is probably not what is causing the problem.

I found some references to 2.1 so that is probably not what is causing the problem.

Unless the subkey is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OpenOffice.org\OpenOffice.org\2.1, it is the problem. CCleaner only checks that location to detect if OO2.1 is installed.

If it's installed so that the key is elsewhere, you can:

1. uninstall and reinstall OO2.1 in the default location (if that was the cause of the mislocated registry key); or

2. write a winapp2.ini entry that duplicates the standard winapp.ini entry except for the "DETECT" line; or

3. edit the winapp.ini entry (although technically possible, I strongly urge against this since you would have to remember to edit it every time you upversion CCleaner).

Unless the subkey is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OpenOffice.org\OpenOffice.org\2.1, it is the problem. CCleaner only checks that location to detect if OO2.1 is installed.

If it's installed so that the key is elsewhere, you can:

1. uninstall and reinstall OO2.1 in the default location (if that was the cause of the mislocated registry key); or

2. write a winapp2.ini entry that duplicates the standard winapp.ini entry except for the "DETECT" line; or

3. edit the winapp.ini entry (although technically possible, I strongly urge against this since you would have to remember to edit it every time you upversion CCleaner).

I have Open office installed in the default location.

The other stuff sounds too complicated.

I found HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OpenOffice.org\OpenOffice.org\2.1\{7C35B9AB-2CE3-4C18-BE7C-5B97EA089EB3} but not anything in the hkey_local_machine

I guess I will just forget about it. Thought it would be automatic.

Thanks anyway

I have Open office installed in the default location.

The other stuff sounds too complicated.

I found HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OpenOffice.org\OpenOffice.org\2.1\{7C35B9AB-2CE3-4C18-BE7C-5B97EA089EB3} but not anything in the hkey_local_machine

I guess I will just forget about it. Thought it would be automatic.

Thanks anyway

Perhaps it has to do with just installing open office for current user and not every user??

So the correct entry for EmanNV to add to winapp2.ini should(?) be:

[OpenOffice 2.1]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\SOFTWARE\OpenOffice.org\OpenOffice.org\2.1
Default=True
FileKey1=%appdata%\OpenOffice.org2\user\registry\data\org\openoffice\Office|Common.xcu