recurring registry entries

OriginalGnome

• 3 months later...
Hi,

I've just started using CCleaner and i tried the reg cleaner but everytime i fix the selected reg entries and then re-scan. The same entries come up as needing deletion. This happens even after restarting my machine line in a perpetual loop.

Ne ideas?

Thnx.

I have the same problem, I have tried the fix posted here: http://forum.CCleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=8588 but the problem with 3 recurring "items" persist

I take it you had no problem running dial-a-fix and rebooted afterwards.

Can you show a screenshoot of the items (or list them) and also give your operating system.

No problems with dial-a-fix except that it didn?t solve the problem.

The problem itself is solved; it was due to the wrong permissions on those reg keys.

I solved it by applying the fix described here. --> http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/200.../04/739820.aspx

Keys that reapered all the time

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\Program Files\\BOINC\\"="1"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\Documents and Settings\\USER\\Start Menu\\Programs\\DAMN NFO Viewer\\"=""[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders]"C:\\WINDOWS\\winsxs\\x86_Microsoft.VC80.ATL_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.163_x-ww_c8be176f\\"=""

• Moderators
Hey, i hae these recuring file extensions such as google earth , avm avi, ect ect. i have treid to dlete these manually through reg edit bt it wouldnt allow me to.

How to reset the registry permissions:

1. Click Start, Run, type in: regedit, and then click OK.

2. In Registry Editor locate the registry key that won't delete, right click it, and select Permissions...

3. Under Group or user names click Administrators.

4. Under Permissions for Administrators, the Allow option must be for ticked for these permissions:

* Full Control

* Read

5. Click Apply, and then click OK.

Do this for each registry issue that keeps reappearing in CCleaner.

hey thanx for all the help so far but im afraid to say each tim i attempt to do this it says

Unable to save permission changes on .........

Access is denied

Also incase its helpful i 4got to mention above in my last post that every time i just clicke on these enteries it says

Cannot open ...........

Error while opening

Hey just went thru reg again today em (not in safe mode(?)) could delete (manually ) loads of values forom uninstalled games that were left behind but not those recurring files on CCleaner. Ps y wasnt CCleaner not picking up those uninstalled game files?

O well cheers ttyl