Vista System Requirements

Humpty

Think i'll be sticking with XP for a while even though my pc exceeds Vista requirements. :huh:

Quote:

Microsoft has updated its Get Ready Web site to include the minimum system requirements to run Windows Vista.

A Windows Vista Capable PC must include at least a CPU running at 800MHz, 512 MB of RAM, a DirectX 9 graphics card capable of at least 800x600, a CD-ROM drive and a 20 GB HDD with at least 15 GB free for the install. Of course, systems with bare minimum specifications will be unable to run Vista in the Aero interface.

In order a PC to be certified as ?Windows Vista Premium Ready,? it must have at least a 1 GHz CPU, 1 GB of RAM, a DirectX 9 graphics with a WDDM driver, 128 MB of graphics memory, Pixel Shader 2.0, DVD-ROM drive, a sound card, internet access and 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.

For Windows XP, users who did not meet the minimal requirements for XP Home (300 MHz, 128 MB) were still able to install and run the operating system, albeit rather slowly. It remains to be seen if Windows Vista will allow installs on machines lesser than minimal specification.

Article

• Moderators

"Aero interface" is a silly name - couldn't resist. :P

Although I'll never use Vista (if I can help it), the only thing I'd probably do if I used it (but I swear I won't) is upgrade my RAM to 2 GB, and also my Display Card to something well enough over 128 MB since nothing more stinks than being at the bare minimum of requirements, which in my experience can end up being a problem with a MS OS.

An OS that needs 15 GB? Bloody hell do they think GB grows on trees!

Some of those bargain PC's off store shelves may only end up having 25 GB usable HDD space. :rolleyes:

I'll get Vista but will wait at least 1 year for them to work the bugs out. I'll try new stuff, but I won't buy new stuff. HD DVD and Blech-Ray aren't even hardly here and they are talking about a new halographic disc that blows them away, without trying apparently. Xtra Power for me too for at least another year, maybe a little longer, depending on how this halographic technology developes.

• Moderators

depending on how this halographic technology developes.

Seriously I wonder who makes up the names of these new devices, and such.

Ah yes, system requirements: :P

* A Star Ship with warp capabilities.

* A halo deck, preferably with a few mobile emitters.

Seriously I wonder who makes up the names of these new devices, and such.

Ah yes, system requirements: :P

* A Star Ship with warp capabilities.

* A halo deck, preferably with a few mobile emitters.

lol. Good one.

Halographic pictures have been around for over thirty years that I know of. They are the pictures that change depending on the angle you are looking at them. This is what the laser will be doing. Changing angles.