More backup questions!

slowday444

In view of an impending Christmas gift from one of my children, a Maxtor OneTouch III External HD, I just did their flash tutorial. From what I can ascertain, I would not need any backup software programs like Acronis or Norton feature, just the software the OneTouch comes with. Is this correct? Also, it appears as though, besides backing up files, I can create system restore points, the thing I would most value. Comments please! Thank You!

http://maxtor.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/maxtor....amp;p_topview=1

I've used a Maxtor OneTouch for backup for a couple of years. It came with Retrospect Express HD which is a "light" version of EMC2 Retrospect. It backs up both system (similar to Windows Restore) and data files and lets you selectively restore exactly what you want.

I didn't view the tutorial but I assume the current software is at least as good.

• Moderators

It backs up both system (similar to Windows Restore) and data files and lets you selectively restore exactly what you want.

Sounds cool actually for people that don't like to do backups themselves, or don't know what to backup.