cleaning problems

lo8

When i use Registry Cleaning feature, i must scan and fix multiple times. Usually 2-3, because after first cleaning session not all incorrect values removed from registry.

sorry for really weird language.

Thats quite normal, as long as they are all eventually removed its not a problem :)

maybe this happens due to interdependences of problem`s issues.

Probably not. CCleaner is programmed to detect only specific problems every time it scans. Are you scanning, fixing, then scanning immediately again? If you are fixing the registry issues, then scanning again and the issues are still there that is a different problem.

Can you please clarify which situation you are specifically encountering please? Thanks. :)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Probably not. CCleaner is programmed to detect only specific problems every time it scans. Are you scanning, fixing, then scanning immediately again? If you are fixing the registry issues, then scanning again and the issues are still there that is a different problem.

Can you please clarify which situation you are specifically encountering please? Thanks. :)

that`s it. i am scanning, fixing, then scanning immediately again.

no, new issues appear.

that`s it. i am scanning, fixing, then scanning immediately again.

no, new issues appear.

Okay. Well after some time, new problems will occur on your pc. Everytime you install or uninstall a program, etc... there are new "issues" that ccleaner will clean! Does that make sense?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Okay. Well after some time, new problems will occur on your pc. Everytime you install or uninstall a program, etc... there are new "issues" that ccleaner will clean! Does that make sense?

i understand this. but problems appear immediately after cleaner says thats all problems are fixed (when trying to do next scan). is it normal?

i understand this. but problems appear immediately after cleaner says thats all problems are fixed (when trying to do next scan). is it normal?

Yes, as long as its different issues and as long as they all eventually clear. It often takes 2 or 3 runs to clear all issues if theres a few to clean, that's perfectly normal. You only have a problem if the issues aren't clearing, regardless of how many times you run it.

• Moderators

Some registry keys can link to others. So for instance if your cleaning shows that SomeApp1 has invalid registry data it could have dependencies in the CLSID area or elsewhere in the registry, and thus several back-to-back registry cleanings will have to be performed for CCleaner to no longer detect it.

However; If the exact same issues are coming up then it could be a registry permissions problem which to my knowledge where "repaired" in CCleaner, but nonetheless you can try Dial-a-fix to Repair Permissions.

I'm confused. You said in Post #5 that "no new issues appear". :huh: