Newbie: Any undo options in CCleaner ?

Elektro-Man

Hi folks,

I wanted to deinstall a prog and made a mistake by pressing the delete entry button instead of run Uninstaller. Unfortunately there was neither a message like "Do you really want to delete this entry" nor I can find any option to undo my choice. So is there a possibility how I still can get rid of this damn prog ?!?

Thx.

Joe

Yeah, can't find the entry anymore in control panel. It's the old version of 3D Game Studio (A5.5). I wanted to install the new one (A6.X) but there might be problems withouth getting rid of the old one before.. and it doesn't have it's own uninstaller :-(

The only uncomfortable way of trying to fix it is to install the old version again, run the uninstaller and install the new version - hope this will work, but would prefer a better solution...

The only uncomfortable way of trying to fix it is to install the old version again, run the uninstaller and install the new version - hope this will work, but would prefer a better solution...

That is the easiest way I think.

seems like that worked - still I think it would make sense to build in an undo option in future versions of CCleaner for there will always be some daff guys like me pressing the wrong button :rolleyes:

No such thing as an "Undo" feature for a file cleaning program. Making a backup of anything you delete is the way to go. I always do. Some cleaner programs have this very option - Eg jv16 Powertools. Lets you back up anything you delete just for this kind of situation.

But with CCleaner being a free app, we're at the mercy of the developer regarding such features.

Hi folks,

I wanted to deinstall a prog and made a mistake by pressing the delete entry button instead of run Uninstaller. Unfortunately there was neither a message like "Do you really want to delete this entry" nor I can find any option to undo my choice. So is there a possibility how I still can get rid of this damn prog ?!?

Thx.

Joe

Actually I just tried this (wanted to delete an obsolete uninstall entry), and CCleaner gave me the following pop-up

JD, pwillener:

I just noticed in CCleaner>Options>Settings the second selection is "Hide warning messages".

JD, is it possible that you have a checkmark in the box next to that option? That would explain the absence of a delete warning.

Welcome to the forums ;)

I think the easiest way would be to go to the folder and find the uninstaller.

For example, if you deleted the uninstaller entry for ccleaner, go to C:\program files\ccleaner\uninstall.exe or something like that.

That's usually where it's stored :D