Undelete a file

Jack_BMN

I accidentally deleted a crucial work-related document using CCleaner. I've tried several times to restore the file using different file restoration programs. The problem is my file is now unrecognizable. It has a mixture of weird codes and numbers and letters. I don't know what happened.

Does anyone know if CCleaner permanently overwrites files when it deletes them? I need some help.

Thanks.

I accidentally deleted a crucial work-related document using CCleaner. I've tried several times to restore the file using different file restoration programs. The problem is my file is now unrecognizable. It has a mixture of weird codes and numbers and letters. I don't know what happened.

Does anyone know if CCleaner permanently overwrites files when it deletes them? I need some help.

It only overwrites what it cleans if you have secure file deletion in CCleaners settings. If you have deleted it securely the document is almost certainly gone.

If you haven't already tried it give Avira's free unerase tool which is the best IMO: http://www.free-av.com/antivirclassic/avira_unerase.html

I tried this program but my file is still unrecognizable. Looks so jumbled with numbers and letters. I don't what went wrong in the deleting process.

Thanks for your help.

It only overwrites what it cleans if you have secure file deletion in CCleaners settings. If you have deleted it securely the document is almost certainly gone.

If you haven't already tried it give Avira's free unerase tool which is the best IMO: http://www.free-av.com/antivirclassic/avira_unerase.html