Ver 1.33.382

alice2

We notice on CCleaner site, that it states this new version will overwrite previous versions.

#1- Does that apply to all builds? If we had slim, and we clicked on the download for Slim version, would this also overwrite our previous Slim version?

#2- If we had a Standard or Basic, and we now chose to download Slim, would this download of the Slim version overwrite th Standard or Basic version we currently had? Or would we have to uninstall the Standard or Basic version in order to download the new Slim version?

Please advise and thank you.

Alice

welcome to CC alice :)

what it basically does is uninstall the previous version then installs the one that you downloaded.

if you had slim then downloaded basic, it would uninstall slim and install basic.

it does this with all versions.

the cool thing is, you still keep all of your settings B)

welcome to CC alice :)

what it basically does is uninstall the previous version then installs the one that you downloaded.

if you had slim then downloaded basic, it would uninstall slim and install basic.

it does this with all versions.

the cool thing is, you still keep all of your settings B)

Thank you for your answer.

Our (elderly) neighbor has CCleaner on her fairly old notebook (Win98) and she told us her version was the Standard version. I told her she could download the latest Slim version of CCleaner and it would delete the previous version (Standard) she had on her notebook and install the new Slim version. She did that and told me that she now sees the ver 1.33.382 in the upper left of the screen when she opens CCleaner.

However, she said when she goes to Windows Explorer and then to Programs and holds the cursor over the CCleaner folder, she notices the size as 1.31MB. Would that be correct? We notice the sizes of the versions are: Standard = 1459KB; Basic = 595KB and Slim = 440KB. Shouldn't she see a size of about 440KB when cursor is over the CCleaner folder?

She also notices that the CCleaner.exe file in that folder is 572KB and dated 9/15/06.

She is trying hard to conserve space on her 'old' notebook.

Can you, or someone else, explain so I can tell her?

(Is there anyway to make sure she has the SLIM version?)

Thank you.

Alice

mine is 1.34MB.

Standard = 1459KB; Basic = 595KB and Slim = 440KB

your probably looking at the installation package.

the differences are how big the executables are. (.exe's)

She also notices that the CCleaner.exe file in that folder is 572KB and dated 9/15/06.

mine is also 572KB

this is extremely small

please take a look at this page the versions are basically the same if you dont install the toolbar which isnt even part of CC.

the only difference in size is the installation (.exe file) size.

hope this helps to solve any confusion! :)

Is there anyway to make sure she has the SLIM version?

Personally I would uninstall the standard version first to remove the additional language files (the slim version only has english). Also she may have installed the Yahoo toolbar which comes with the standard CCleaner install, if so (and she has no use for it) you could uninstall that too (Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs).

Either way if you are just trying to save space the difference in size between the builds is so small it's really not worth worrying about.

when she goes to Windows Explorer and then to Programs and holds the cursor over the CCleaner folder, she notices the size as 1.31MB. Would that be correct?

Mine is 1.31Mb too :)

Some clarifications:

1. Installing a new CCleaner version does not uninstall the previous version, but overwrite it.
  2. Manually uninstalling the previous version will also uninstall all settings, including Cookies to keep. Not recommended!
  3. Installing the CCleaner basic version will not install all available languages, but only the one selected at the beginning of the installation; no need to uninstall CCleaner.
  4. If the full version has been installed, the Yahoo toolbar can be uninstalled from Add/Remove Programs; no need to uninstall CCleaner.