CCleaner 6.24.11060 will not do a Custom Clean

• Moderators
13 hours ago, JamesRM said:

I wonder what is actually going on...

It's the A.I., it's everywhere, put your tinfoil hat on.

They put the new A.I. in control and it decided in .001 nano seconds (faster than Mr. Data thought the Borg were a really bad career choice) that the most logical useful feature in the free version which allows for full user control had to be removed. It identified Custom Clean as being some John Conner dude and terminated it.

On 10/06/2024 at 08:32, lmacri said:

Hi Anony2000:

Did you unzip and test your CCleaner Free Portable v6.24 (ccsetup64.zip) file to see if the copy you downloaded could run Custom Clean without making the configuration changes you described <above>? AFAIK most, if not all, users who have reported that they are unable to run Custom Clean in CCleaner Free v6.24 use a "regular" version of  CCleaner that was installed on their hard drive with an .exe installer.

Am I correct that you deleted the two subfolders called \Log and \Setup in your CCleaner Portable folder that are created the first time you launch a new version of the CCleaner64.exe? I haven't updated to v6.24 yet but I always configure my CCleaner Free Portable in much the same way that you described, but without the winapp2 file and folder. My Portable build has always created those two subfolders the first time I launch a new version of CCleaner64.exe since the Bug Reporter tool was added to CCleaner v6.04 in Sept 2022.

CCleanerv6_23EssentialPortableFilesPlusSystemandLogFolders10Jan2024.png.87e5c241d9ad5c3e04281bf46ae97905.png
------------
Dell Inspiron 15 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.4412 * Firefox v126.0.1 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.24050.7-1.1.24050.5 * Malwarebytes Premium v5.1.5.116-1.0.1252 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7783 * CCleaner Free Portable v6.23.11010

I have CCleaner Free Portable configured the way Anony2000 described.
I've been using v6.24 since it was released, and it runs Custom Clean like it always did.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AllanH said:

I've been using v6.24 since it was released, and it runs Custom Clean like it always did.

Not everyone with v6.24 Free has been affected - yet.

It will be interesting to see what changes v6.25 will bring when it arrives.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

8 hours ago, Andavari said:

It's the A.I., it's everywhere, put your tinfoil hat on.

They put the new A.I. in control and it decided in .001 nano seconds (faster than Mr. Data thought the Borg were a really bad career choice) that the most logical useful feature in the free version which allows for full user control had to be removed. It identified Custom Clean as being some John Conner dude and terminated it.

😱😱😱

Custom Clean would be the least of our problems if that were the case 😂

The post limit seems to be rather low here, 4 posts got me to the limit the 11th of June 😭

• 2 weeks later...

Downloading and re-installing did not make any difference for me. 

I thought about doing an uninstall first, but with the amount of file locations that I typed in under "include", I am hoping for a work around where I dont have to type all that stuff in again. Unless, there is a data file that I can save and copy over with those folder/file locations. 

• Moderators

Even an uninstall/reinstall may not give you Custom Clean back in Free, but if you want to try then:

Go to Options>Advanced (you should still be able to) and tick 'Save all settings to ini file' then close CCleaner to create the ccleaner.ini file.

Your Encludes/Excludes and other customisation will be saved in that ccleaner.ini - so copy that somewhere safe before uninstalling and copy it back after reinstalling.
image.png

Note though that ccleaner.ini doesn't include 'Cookies to Keep' - but you can do those seperately.
Go to Options>Cookies, right-click anywhere on the 'to keep' side, and select 'Export' to save them all to a text file.
To put them back it's the same but you 'Import' the text file that you previously exported.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043