The upselling mechanism has stuffed up the program.

I can't do anything unless I start a trial. And squat knows what happens after that. It's totally stuffed up iyam. See screenshot.

And before you go "just click no thanks", I'll have you know it's not clickable. ONLY the start trial button is clickable.

Screenshot 2024-05-24 094009.png

Also I don't know why it looks so terrible. This might be part of why it's not working. I can't believe this is how it's intended to be, but then again, I have to assume it's somehow passed QA.

• Moderators

Close out of CCleaner using the 'X' at the top right, or 'End Task' on it in Task Manager.
Then open it again.

EDIT- I've just downloaded/installed CCleaner Free onto a laptop and the 'No Thanks, as shown in your screenshot is working here.

However I have spotted why you are not able to click it.
You have a high screen resolution set and as a result the clickable field associated with that 'No Thanks' will be off the bottom of the box (or somewhere in the box but not underneath the text).
That's also why it 'looks terrible', the box layout is meant for standard screen resolution.
We have seen it before in other such pop-up boxes when the users screen resolution/magnification is set higher than standard/recommended.
Set your resolution/magnification back to standard/recommended and it will look better and be clickable.

There is another oddity though, on my  new install of Free there is no orange 'Get Pro' button as in your screenshot, instead it's a 'Upgrade' button.
Even when clicked and going through the subsequent screens it doesn't change for me.
Can I ask where (what website/download) you got your CCleaner from?
Was it possibly from the Microsoft Store?

Capture.JPG

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

9 hours ago, nukecad said:

There is another oddity though, on my  new install of Free there is no orange 'Get Pro' button as in your screenshot, instead it's a 'Upgrade' button.
Even when clicked and going through the subsequent screens it doesn't change for me.
Can I ask where (what website/download) you got your CCleaner from?

I had some weirdness with that as well. When I updated to v6.24 over top of v6.23, I had the new "Get Pro" tab, but it was green. I then uninstalled/reinstalled v6.24 to troubleshoot a different issue (with an installer from the official CCleaner site), and the "Get Pro" tab is now the same reddish-orange color as OP's screenshot.

You can see the green tab in this post here-

Nergal says it seems to be due to an A/B testing for the new "Upgrade/Get Pro" tabs-

• Moderators
4 hours ago, SumGuy said:

Nergal says it seems to be due to an A/B testing for the new "Upgrade/Get Pro" tabs-

I do but it almost seems like a/b/c/d testing with the color wackinees you've discovered

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

June's release is going to be full of fixes i predict.  However none of the bugs found yet will drive them to update out of regular cycle esp since next week is june (though it seems releases have migrated to the niddle/end of the month. 

@SumGuy does have the keyboard bug which is an accessibility issue, that needs solving, i guess

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

All these parallel 'test' versions do cause a problem when trying to solve issues for users who may have slightly different versions and so different bugs.

(As far as I can see they don't even have a different sub-version number, they are all .11060).

Whatever happened to the Beta release programme that was partially used for testing things like that?
Not enough beta adopters maybe, so now they just push them on random users unnanounced and with the same version number?

PS. "wackinees" made me smile, is that similar to arthritis?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043