Cannot land on ccleaner.com website using any browsers

Hello everyone - I turned off Malwarebytes and Windows Defender, but I still cannot access your website (unless I use a VPN) which I do not want to use it if I don't have to. I even added manual DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but it's still a no-go. This issue is happening only on my Windows 10 PC.

Your insight would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 141513.jpg

Screenshot 2024-05-22 141340.jpg

• Moderators

If you need to use a vpn, are you in a country with a U.S. embargo (such as russia or china)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Thank you for attempting to help.

It seems I had discovered what the problem was. It looked like the Windows HOST file got corrupted since the original installation of Windows 10 - that was nearly 3 years ago. I reset the HOST file to its original state, and now I can land on ccleaner.com from any browser without any issues!

Screenshot 2024-05-22 195217.jpg

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, eliesk said:

Thank you for attempting to help.

It seems I had discovered what the problem was. It looked like the Windows HOST file got corrupted since the original installation of Windows 10 - that was nearly 3 years ago. I reset the HOST file to its original state, and now I can land on ccleaner.com from any browser without any issues!

Screenshot 2024-05-22 195217.jpg

Thanks for coming back to tell us

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

@eliesk

If the Hosts file had suddenly changed and was blocking access to the CCleaner website then I'd have to wonder what else it may have been blocking and just what had caused it to change.

Browser Hijackers, Adware, Spyware, etc. will often modify the Hosts File, so it's a good idea to check that there is nothing like that lurking on your machine.

As you say that you had Malwarebytes running then that probably wasn't your issue, but I'd suggest that you run a scan with Windows Security, and a malware scan with Malwarebytes just to be sure.
If you aren't already using them then you might also want to look at Malwarebytes ADWcleaner which is tougher on Adware, and Malwarebytes Browser Guard add-on for extra peotection in the browsers themselves.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043