i tried to disable firefox plugins and after firefox restart i can watch videos?

stdavid

i tried to disable plugins with ccleaner and... I would have to close the firefox application for that...
After that I can't see videos ANYWHERE... only on YouTube. There is an html5 error or “hls fatal error”.
but everything works in chrome!!!...

And that's definitely not due to adblockers or other security stuff! I've tried everything possible. also new install. version without cookies/old files in the private window etc. the same problem with opera, vivaldi or waterfox...

so what the hell did ccleaner disabled there????

• Moderators

Sounds like it has disabled the plugins like you asked it to do. (In particular the video plugins/codecs).

Re-enable/reinstall the plugins?

Or reinstall the browser(s) If you want/need to go that far.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

3 minutes ago, nukecad said:

Sounds like it has disabled the plugins like you asked it to do. (In particular the video plugins/codecs).

Re-enable/reinstall the plugins?

Or reinstall the browser(s) If you want/need to go that far.

already done this. it must be something else

• Moderators

Agreed, a reinstall of the browser would have undone anything that you had done - so it must be something else.

Note that if the plugins that you removed are not part of the browsers 'default set' then you would need to reinstall those 'extra' plugins again after reinstalling the browser.

eg. By default Firefox installs the "OpenH264 Video Codec" and "Widevine Content Decryption Module" plugins when you install Firefox, but depending on just what you are wanting to watch you may need others as well.
(As you say that you can see Youtube video then that will be the OpenH264, so it sounds like whatever else it is you are trying to watch needs another, different, codec/plugin).
Capture.JPG

PS. If I'm watching video from anywhere except Youtube then I download it and play it in VLC media player which has lots of codecs included.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

4 hours ago, nukecad said:

Agreed, a reinstall of the browser would have undone anything that you had done - so it must be something else.

Note that if the plugins that you removed are not part of the browsers 'default set' then you would need to reinstall those 'extra' plugins again after reinstalling the browser.

eg. By default Firefox installs the "OpenH264 Video Codec" and "Widevine Content Decryption Module" plugins when you install Firefox, but depending on just what you are wanting to watch you may need others as well.
(As you say that you can see Youtube video then that will be the OpenH264, so it sounds like whatever else it is you are trying to watch needs another, different, codec/plugin).
Capture.JPG

PS. If I'm watching video from anywhere except Youtube then I download it and play it in VLC media player which has lots of codecs included.

I got that far... yesterday I spent the whole day frustrated... omg.
Actually the coders should know the answer. because it happened after closing firefox with ccleaner. I assumed that maybe some service or whatever was terminated...

I have plugins and the codecs like in your screenshot. videos only work in edge and chrome. Firefox, Opera and Waterfox probably have the same building blocks and even refuses to watch movies from the desktop that I can easily watch with VLC.

I'll post the solution later if I find out.

• Moderators

Sorry dunno, but it will be interesting if you do find the cause.
(If it was something that CCleaner was doing then I'd expect a lot of shouting here).

I'd suggest that it's something in the settings for those browsers on that particular machine.
Or it may be the particular websites hosting the video content that is suddenly being being blocked?
Maybe check your browser security settings to see if they have changed? I know they change them regularly.

eg. Recently both Firefox and Edge suddenly started blocking content on my electricity suppliers website for some reason - no warnings, just that suddenly certain parts of pages would not display anymore, dropping the browser security back to standard in each browser fixed it.

• Moderators

In Firefox Plugins settings click the three dots [···], and make sure the plugin(s) are set to Always Activate. Then restart Firefox and see if that fixes it or not. If it doesn't work, the setting may be in the registry where it's being blocked from working.

Screenshot:

FirefoxPluginsSetToAlwaysActivate.png