CCleaner stopped all my Microsoft 365 programs

I had to uninstall CCleaner because suddenly I couldn't launch any Office 365 applications on Windows 11 anymore. Once I uninstalled the product, everything started working normally again. I own a CCleaner Pro license.

Windows Ver: 22H2 (build SO 22621.3527)

• Moderators

(There's no need to post twice, just once is enough to get seen, I've removed the duplicate).

Did you put anything (ie. Office) to sleep using the Performance Optimiser in CCleaner?

image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

I can't think of anything esle in CCleaner that would stop an app (any app) from running. it's a cleaner not a blocker.

When you say that Office started working again after you had uninstalled CCleaner do you mean that it just started working again, or did you have to reinstall Office?

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Sorry, but this is not normal at all.

Like I say CCleaner just doesn't block things in that way.

Did this perhaps start happening after the latest Win 11 update?

• Moderators

Ahh, then it looks probably like something that Microsoft have done in that Win 11 update.

Although just why removing CCleaner would change what it is doing is baffling?
(I haven't seen anyone else reporting this particular Office issue with CCleaner though).

I'll see what I can find on the web, ie. is anyone else having problems with Office since that Win 11 update.

However if it is something that MS have B*red up in an update (and they do have a long record of doing that) then it's going to be up to MS to fix it.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, nukecad said:

(I haven't seen anyone else reporting this particular Office issue with CCleaner though).

Or maybe I have but didn't recognise it as being the same issue?

I just had a lightbulb moment💡which could explain what you are seeing.

We have seen some issues earlier this year with the CCleaner Software Updater and MS Office.
If you have run either Health Check or the Software Updater tool then CCleaner may have started trying to run an update to Office.

Apparently it's a pretty large update and may take time to complete, or may even 'stick'.

If there is an update to office 'ongoing' (or stuck) in the background then that would prevent Office from opening.

Try updating Office from within Office itself, that worked for others who were having problems with the Office update.
I'd also check that you have automatic updates enabled in Offfice so that in future it will update itself, some of those affected earier this year had turned that option off.

If/when your Office has updated then you should be OK to use CCleaner again.

PS. Just a by the way - You do know that Win 11 is now up to v23H2, have you not been offered that update yet?

26 minutes ago, nukecad said:

Try updating Office from within Office itself, that worked for others who were having problems with the Office update.
I'd also check that you have automatic updates enabled in Offfice so that in future it will update itself, some of those affected earier this year had turned that option off.

If/when your Office has updated then you should be OK to use CCleaner again.

PS. Just a by the way - You do know that Win 11 is now up to v23H2, have you not been offered that update yet?

I made a couple of tryals updating Office reinstalling it, but the result was no change in the start of the Office programs. I do niot know if this is for ALL Office, but sure is for Outlook and Word that I use dayly.

In this moment the Widows 11 version on my PC is always 22H2, and possible the 23, in this moment, is not ready for my language.