Color Marks always yellow

• Moderators

That means likely your files are not recoverable (partially overwritten but may work after recovery)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

No. Even when integrity is excellent the mark is yellow. Or when it’s really bad and should be red, it’s also yellow. I said that in version 1.53.2083 everything works as it should.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Lite said:

I said that in version 1.53.2083 everything works as it should.

Actually, no it doesn't. There was a bug with that status display and that's why it was updated to v1.53.2096.

V1.53.2083 displays them incorrectly, they are not 'Excellent' they are unrecoverable.

Recuva v1.53.2096 (13 Jun 2023)

We're pleased to announce the latest version of Recuva with minor performance improvements and bug fixes. This release fixes an issue where Recuva was incorrectly assigning an "Excellent" status to securely deleted files. Now, the condition of these files is correctly displayed as "unrecoverable." 

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Posted (edited)

Fine. Now I see what's really going on. This behavior occurs only on one partition; on other disks and partitions the color indication is normal. The whole thing is in an unknown state. The files were restored correctly and completely (made a bitwise comparison). But for some reason it says that it has been partially restored. What could be the reason for all of that?

State.webp

Edited by Lite

• Moderators

The big question is do the partially recovered files open? If so then you have had a partial success.

It may be that the unrecovered part is not that important.

For example I've recovered images in the past that I could open (with Irfanview*) after recovery but only part of the image was there with the rest either a grey blank or a coloured jumble of pixels.
As far as I can see the grey was where the original had been partially overwritten by a file that was later secure erased to ones and zeros.
The coloured jumble was when the partially overwriting file had not been secure erased, so there was more than ones and zeros to recover but not the original image file.
(* Only Irfanview could open them, other viewers that I tried would complain that they were damaged/incomplete).

If it's only a very small part that was overwritten then it may not even be noticable at first look at the partially recovered file.

As you seem to have video files there then you may be able to play them after recovery but there will probably be parts missing (probably the end).

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I clearly wrote that the recovery is complete. I did an exact bitwise comparison. If this makes it clearer, then the checksum is completely the same. If you still don’t understand, I deleted these files specifically for verification. I have the originals. The recovered files are completely identical. Thus, this is only an incorrect program report. Something prevents the program from understanding the state and correctly interpreting the recovery percentage.

• Moderators

If the files have been successfully recovered to your satisfaction then surely that is all that matters?

Note that your screenshot says Status  'Unknown', not good or bad just unknown.
It also clearly states that no overwritten clusters were found.

As for 'Partial' recovery that could simply mean that the original pathname was not available to be recovered, or something of that nature.
You say it only happens with one partition and not others, is that partion a different format to the others?

I deleted these files specifically for verification.

Maybe I shouldn't ask, but what was it that you were trying to verify?

13 hours ago, nukecad said:

You say it only happens with one partition and not others, is that partion a different format to the others?

There is nothing different, except that it is significantly larger than the others (856 GB). Regular NTFS partition. The rest, no matter what they are (NTFS, ExFAT), behave normally.

13 hours ago, nukecad said:

Maybe I shouldn't ask, but what was it that you were trying to verify?

The check was aimed at showing that the data is being restored and the status with a message about partial recovery is a fiction. And also to confirm that this always happens to this partition, regardless of how much time has passed since the files were deleted. Even if they are deleted a second before restoration, they will definitely be yellow and have an uncertain status with partial recovery message. Some kind of mysticism.

• Moderators

Mmm, dunno but that sounds like a self-justifying test.
That's unimportant though.

You do say that it's only happening with that one partition.

The files did recover sucessfully, which is what counts, the UI just reported that it couldn't be sure that they had been fully recovered - so status 'Unknown'.

Being honest I don't see anything wrong with that, it's just telling you that the status of the recovered files is unknown. So warning you to check them yourself.

The goal was a bug report. And naturally, this can add problems, since with a complete restoration it is said that it was not completely restored. Thus, the recovered will still have to be checked, and these are unnecessary operations.
If you can’t fix it now, then at least take note. Perhaps someday we will realize what could be the reason and this will be fixed in future versions. There is clearly some kind of error in the algorithms. In general, this is all very strange. Thank you.

• Moderators

The CCleaner staff do read the forum so it will have been noted.

Personally though I don't see any error there that needs to be fixed, it's just a way of warning you that the file(s) might not be fully recovered and that you should check them.

There again you should check all recovered files anyway, regardless of whether the UI warns you or not.
Better still; get into the habit of regularly backing up your files and then you won't need to use a recovery tool at all.