Not cleaning Chrome GMAIL Sign-In

From about a week ago, when running custom clean (all options except bookmarks backup selected) the GMAIL account signed into in Google Chrome is not being cleaned, so that after running the clean, if you open Google Chrome, the last signed in GMAIL account is still signed in so that opening GMAIL, opens automatically into that mailbox without any need to sign in. This does not happen in Firefox (when you reopen Firefox it prompts you to sign in to GMAIL). Both CCleaner and Google Chrome are latest versions, as is the W10 OS.

I have logged a support call, but wondered if anyone else similar issue ?

Work around is manually sign out of GMAIL before running CC.

Note that this is the GMAIL sign-in, I do not login to Google Chrome explicitly.

• Moderators

If you log into one part of your google account you automatically get logged into everything 'google' these days.

And just opening Chrome can automatically log you into your account. Check your Chrome settings, a recent Chrome update may have changed them.

Of course Firefox is not Google so won't do that.

I don't use Chrome, log into google only to access gmail, and log out of my google account as soon as I've done with gmail.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

But the point is this worked fine until about a week ago, so it needs to be fixed in CCleaner so that it wipes it again on Custom Clean. So far, their 4.xx hours to respond has been exceeded by around 20 hours !!!

• Moderators
7 hours ago, billj9999 said:

about a week ago,

😏

Ccleaner releases on a monthly basis. Unless there's a fatal bug, it doesn't re-release because a single clean entry has changed.  It takes time to develop, not like flipping a switch.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

Latest release has come and gone, Chrome still not being cleaned. So what is the next step ?

IF you expect people to pay for support, you expect to at least get a fecking response from the support people - otherwise why are you paying ? It is not like this is some rare program which only 1 person in outer Mongolia uses - this is Google Chrome !!!

• Moderators
22 hours ago, billj9999 said:

Screenshot showing Google Chrome no longer being shown as being cleaned. Still no response from "support".

Actually that screenshot is showing that you have 'Old' Microsoft Edge Legacy (not the newer Edge Chromium), and even older Internet Explorer cookies that are being skipped.

On 16/02/2024 at 08:17, billj9999 said:

It is not like this is some rare program which only 1 person in outer Mongolia uses - this is Google Chrome !!!

In fact you don't even appear to have Google Chrome on that machine at all.
If you have then you do not seem to have CCleaner set to clear it, (unless it had already been fully cleaned before you took that screenshot).
You appear to be using Edge Chromium as your browser.

Having cookies from those two old and oudated browsers showing up on a home machine is unusual because Edge Legacy should no longer be on most machines, and Internet Explorer is even older and was removed years ago - Are you still using those outdated browsers for something?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-edge/why-do-i-see-two-different-versions-of-microsoft-edge-on-my-device-07df04f1-6b44-5dc7-f991-180200dd1c0a

If these are somehow left over from years ago then try running Windows built in Disk CleanUp with 'Clean up System Files' selected. (or simply run it as Administrator) to see if that will clear the Edge Legacy and old Internet Explorer cookies.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043