CCleaner Pro 'Your Licence Key Doesn't Exist'

Dan Bee

I purchased CCleaner Pro on 31st Jan 2023.

On 29th Nov 2023 I reported to CCleaner that I had been receiving the request to enter my Licence Key for the previous few weeks, every time I went to use my CCleaner Pro. The software would not start until I had done this.

In my many years of computer operations I have never been asked to re-enter my Licence Key for any software I had used unless it had to be reloaded for some reason. Therefore, this immediately struck me as odd. 

Then, on 29th Nov when, once again having to re-enter my key, my CCleaner Pro would not accept my Licence Key stating, “Your Licence Key Doesn’t exist”. I have been unable to use my software since then.

The CCleaner agent came back to me on 30th Nov recommending me to : "Uninstall CCleaner using Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, then restart your computer, and then complete a fresh install of CCleaner". I was given the link https://www.ccleaner.com/go/get_ccpro to download from and then he asked me to double click the file to start installation. He then quoted my Licence Key back to me which was the same as I had in my records, and asked me to copy and paste it into the newly downloaded CCleaner Pro.

I did all of this without mishaps, but then received exactly the same error message :  “Your Licence Key Doesn’t exist”, which I reported straight back to him on 30th Nov. I have since tried several times to get a response but no one is talking to me. I have since noticed on https://www.ccleaner.com/knowledge/ccleaner-v6-18-10838?cv=v6-18-10838 that CCleaner had fixed a bug that appeared to be this problem, but it had not been fixed for me.

From what I see from all of this, it appears that my Licence key has probably been deleted in CCleaner Pro's files, as reloading the software has not helped, which means I will need time added to my year's subscription for time I could not use it.

It is annoying I am getting no response from them now. Has anyone else had this problem please and, if so, how was it fixed - if at all? Thanks for any help.

• Moderators

The asking for activation was a bug in CCleaner v6.15.10824 that was pulled from release - it has been fixed with CCleaner v6.18.10838.
That bug has been fixed and entering your key in v6.18.10838 should now work as it has always done and it won't ask again.
(I had that bug myself on 2 different machines, both are OK now).

However you now have a different issue in that CCleaner is not accepting your key and thinks that it doesn't exist.
That is a pretty specific message, not 'expired' not 'dectivated', but simply 'doesn't exist' at all.
Obviously the key does exist, support were able to quote it back to you.
Just to double check - you are copy/pasting it and not typing it in?

I do have another though that can also give a 'does not exist' error:
Make sure that you are using the same name that you registered when originally purchasing the licence.
It may be that it's the name you are using that 'doesn't exist' on the system because it isn't the name that you registered.

Both typos and using a name other than the registered name are common mistakes that we see.

Other than that then just why the licencing system thinks the licence doesn't exist I don't know but that would not be a file/setting on your machine, if it thinks the licence doesn't exist then it's something at the licence server end.
Only support can access that to try and see what the problem actually is.

We are aware that support are taking very long times to reply at the moment, one thing to note is to only 'reply' to the emails they have sent you.
If you send seperate, new, emails then it will slow the system down even further.

Your CCleaner should be working in Free mode until you can get a resolution.

I have flagged your problem up to the CCleaner staff.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Many thanks Nukecad and Laurence.

This was my error. I've had this software working nearly a year and totally forgot that I had cancelled the subscription back in January and was refunded. When it was recently deactivated by CCleaner I received the message I logged on here. My only excuse is that I am now a pensioner!

My apologies to all. 

• Moderators

Thanks for letting us know what the issue was.

I would have expected a message saying the licence had been 'deactivated' in those circumstances, and TBH I'm a bit surprised that support didn't see/know that it had been cancelled and just quoted it back to you.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043