I'm having some issues after reinstalling CCleaner

LogicalRon

I had to do a fresh install of Windows 10 and all my software including CCleaner. I'm having a few issues that I think are related to some settings on CCleaner

1. every time I login to Amazon.com it makes me fill in a code, I think this has something to do with the cookies being cleaner at exit each time. Is there a way to put a website into CCleaner so it leaves the cookies or whatever the site needs so it doesn't make me prove I am who I am each time I login?

I'm having the same sort of issue with another site that I use often, I think the answer for the above question it will fix both issues.

Thanks in advance

• Moderators

You can control cookies in options

I think your issue is wiping session though, try unchecking that.  Both are part of custom clean. Healthcheck ignores those and does it's own thing

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

4 minutes ago, Nergal said:

I think your issue is wiping session though, try unchecking that.  Both are part of custom clean. Healthcheck ignores those and does it's own thing

Thanks for your reply, I checked in custom clean and don't see  wiping session though anywhere. Can you please give me some more specific directions?

• Moderators

Under the browser (say edge chromium or firefox or what ever your browser is, is a check mark for sessions

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

Then try cookies to keep. Visit the site and collect the cookie, then move it from the left colum to the right. In options cookies.

3 minutes ago, Nergal said:

Then try cookies to keep. Visit the site and collect the cookie, then move it from the left colum to the right. In options cookies.

Thanks that worked for Amazon.com The other site I am having problems with is a 2 step issue not a CCleaner problem. Thanks again!!

• Moderators
On 04/12/2023 at 01:02, Nergal said:

You can control cookies in options

Just to note that Health Check now respects the 'Cookies to Keep' as well.

It even has a way to set them up from within  Health Check.
Do a Scan in Health Check and then click Privacy, then 'Manage allowed websites'
image.png

You then get this screen where you can add websites, or even the whole of your Bookmarks list, to the Cookie Allowlist.
Note that once cookies are added from here then Custom Clean will leave them alone as well.
The Cookie Allowlist works in both Health Check and Custom Clean.
Note - You should still use Options>Cookies if you want finer control of individual cookies.
image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043