"We've deactivated your license" [Resolved]

BywaterNYC

Hiya.

I made the mistake of uninstalling the previous version of CCleaner Professional prior to updating to the latest version (6.16.10662 for Windows). The newly installed software won't allow me to reactivate my license, even though I've confirmed (and reconfirmed) that my license number is correct.

My current CCleaner license is viable through April of 2024.

I've followed CCleaner's troubleshooting advice for solving "deactivation" problems, but the the problem persists. The software has deactivated my license, and I can't get past the roadblock.

If anyone has thoughts as to what else I might try, I'd be grateful for your help. Thanks very much!

Deactivation message.png

CCleaner Professional v6.17.10746  (64-bit)

Windows 10 Pro v21H2  (64-bit) 

• Moderators

My first thought is just how did you do the update after you had already uninstalled?
ie. Did you reinstall CCleaner Free to enter your licence into, or did you repurchase CCleaner Pro?

We can't access licence details here on the forum, so as it says you will need to contact support to ask just why it has been deactivated.

You can use the form here to raise your request:  https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thanks for your input, nukecad.

Yes, I reinstalled the trial version (free) of CCleaner. (I did not repurchase the software, as my current license doesn't expire until April 2024.)

Kind thanks for the link. I will petition the Top Guns for further assistance.

Cheers!

• Moderators
17 hours ago, BywaterNYC said:

I reinstalled the trial version (free) of CCleaner

If you installed an actual trial then that may be the problem, the trial version is a Pro version 'without a licence', so installing a trial may have confused the automatic licencing system about your existing licence? Particularly if you used the same email address for a new trial.
Starting a trial is not something that a person who already has a licence would be expected to do.

It would have been better to install CCleaner Free (not a trial) and put your existing licence into that.
I often uninstall/reinstall after testing things out answering questions here, and that is the way that I do it.
I download CCleaner Free from the Builds page, install it, and put my key into it,  https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds

Support should be able to sort things out for you.
PS They have been slower that usual to reply recently, there have been a large number of requests for support.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Yes, I did install a trial version, so that may be the problem. Will try installing from the Builds page, and report back. (Never knew about the Builds page, so thanks very much for the link. That will be my download source from now on.)

This morning, on your advice, I contacted the CCleaner wrasslin' team. If a download from the Builds page doesn't fix me, I'm sure they'll have a solution.

You've been a huge help. Thanks again.

Brooks

Despite uninstalling and reinstalling the software (including a computer reboot between operations), the official build installation didn't work, unfortunately.

It's worth noting that the software automatically filled in my name and license number during the reinstall process. Which means that older, "uninstalled" versions had not, in fact, uninstalled completely. Remnants left behind are now gumming up the works.

We'll see what the support team has to say!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Thanks for reporting back that it has now (eventually) been resolved to your satisfaction.

• nukecad changed the title to "We've deactivated your license" [Resolved]