Google Drive Won't Start on Login.

KenK3664

I can start Google drive by clicking on it in File Explorer.  I have set my Google drive to start at log in, both in Win10 app settings and in Google drive itself.  I also Enable the GoogleDriveFS in Ccleaner>Tools>Startup.  In the Custom Clean section I have unchecked Microsoft OneDrive and Google drive under applications but then during the cleaning, Ccleaner asks to close OneDrive and Google drive and I allow it to close these files.  After I finish running Ccleaner and reboot, Google drive doesn't load.  I have tried uninstalling Google drive and reinstalling it, but it didn't change anything.  My guess is that I am doing something too aggressive in my cleaning and undoing my efforts to run Google drive at login.   Any suggestions?

• Moderators

First of all are you running Health Check or Custom Clean?

You say that you have unhecked OneDrive and Google drive in Custom Clean, but doing that has no effect on what Health Check will clean.

I suspect from what you say that you are using Health Check and it is Health Check that is asking to close the apps.

If you want Google Drive to be left alone the either use Custom Clean (not Health Check) with Google drive unticked, or untick it each/every time when Health Check asks to close Google drive.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043