CCleaner Builds page has been abandoned

Wisewiz

The long-serving builds page at https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds appears to have been abandoned. Today, Friday 18 August '23, it's still showing the previous edition of CCleaner, and offering only that version in all the downloads links. What's going on? That page has always been resource number one for downloads of new versions of Free, Slim, and Portable.

Clipboard01.jpg

Wisewiz

To those who have virtually none, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.

If you click the Download button, it actually downloads ccsetup615.exe

I think somebody just forgot to update the version displayed.

Version.jpg

Edited by nikki605
Added screen shot

Win10 Pro x64 Desktop (Speccy) - Win10 Pro x64 Laptop (Speccy)

@nikki605 Thank you very much for discovering that.

I tried the page, and was disappointed to find that the Free full install version is indeed 615, but the portable is still 614.

You can, however, get the 615 Portable from Major Geeks. I recall from my long-ago Major Geeks days that there is a special relationship of some sort between Piriform and MG. The creator of CrapCleaner was a frequent visitor to the MG forums back then.

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/ccleaner_portable.html

Clipboard01.jpg

Wisewiz

To those who have virtually none, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.

@Peter CCleaner

Thank you for acknowledging my concern. I’m pleased to hear that the builds page is still a going concern, and has not, in fact, been abandoned. I’m sure that if the traffic on that page were measured, the responsible people would be gratified by the results. It’s a very popular watering hole for CCleaner enthusiasts.

Wisewiz

@Peter CCleaner You're very welcome. I've just had a look at the page, and all seems to be in perfect order now. Thank you for acting on my complaint. HAGD.

Wisewiz