My Security box is grayed out. Unable to reach server

Good afternoon, I've been a Ccleaner customer for a long time. On the opening page of Ccleaner where it does the system scan The Security box is grayed out. and it says "unable to reach server." It's been like that for several months now. Is there a problem with the server, or is Ccleaner doing away with the Security check? 

• Moderators

'Security' in Health Check is actually the 'Software Updater' from the Tools menu.
(They've called it Security in Health Check because keeping your software up to date can make it more secure).

You could try using Software Updater but I have no doubt that will say that you are 'offline', of course you are online but it can't reach the server.

When it's like you describe, with just that one server being blocked, then it is usually something at your end, or at your internet provider, that is blocking the access to that server.
(It's connecting here for me, although I am in the UK so it may be routing to a different server for me).

Can you remember changing your AV, firewalls, Hosts files, or anything else like that, shortly before it started failing to connect?
It may be worth checking that your AV and any other security apps you have are up to date, it's best to check on their webpages because we often see certain AVs in particular saying they are up-to-date whereas if you look on the webpage there are newer versions available.

In the end it is only the software updates that health Check can't do automatically for you, the cleaning and other functions are still working.
So while it's annoying and shouldn't happen it isn't critical, you can always check the apps you use for updates yourself from each apps own Help menu.

PS. If you use Custom Clean rather than Health Check then it doesn't run the Software Updater automatically (or automatically run 'Speed' which is actually 'Startup' from the tools menu).
That's because neither of those functions is actually cleaning your machine, which is why they are in Tools so you can run them if and when you choose.
If you want to then you can set Custom Clean to be what CCleaner shows you when opened. Options>Settings>CCleaner Home Screen.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

i have the same problem, as do some others.

"nukecad" might have identified the problem. maybe the problem is that, in the USA, ccleaner tries to connect to serrvers that are either dead or do not exist?

as i have said before, ccleaner's software updater was working for me up until a couple of months ago.