Internet Explorer

JimSpy

I no longer use Internet Explorer (does anyone?).  Do I need to continue checking it in Custom Clean?  I'm guessing I do, because it consistently appears in the cleaning results, but why is that?  Specifically, why do the results always include a Temporary Internet Files listing for IE?  Like I say, I haven't used it in at least a decade...

• Moderators

Yes parts of windows and many programs still use ie locations, so ccleaner cleaning them is recommended.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Yes, even in Windows 11 that doesn't have IE, other things (including Edge) use the old IE storage locations.

Over the years they have become a convinent place for any application to put temporary files - so even with IE gone they still benefit from a clean out.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

4 hours ago, Nergal said:

Yes parts of windows and many programs still use ie locations, so ccleaner cleaning them is recommended.

3 hours ago, nukecad said:

Yes, even in Windows 11 that doesn't have IE, other things (including Edge) use the old IE storage locations.

Over the years they have become a convinent place for any application to put temporary files - so even with IE gone they still benefit from a clean out.

OK, I kinda thought that was the case.......but, I don't use Edge either, and I don't use Bing, I'm a Google Chrome type guy.  Do I still need all those other programs checked?

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, JimSpy said:

OK, I kinda thought that was the case.......but, I don't use Edge either, and I don't use Bing, I'm a Google Chrome type guy.  Do I still need all those other programs checked?

Yes because windows and many applications use it

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com