CCleaner & recent programs.

Ooh

Hi, first off I wanted to say that CCleaner is an excellent program and I use it everyday. But there is one thing that really bugs me. Everytime that I use it, CCleaner cleans up my 'Recent Programs' list. I even tried fooling around with some of the settings and I still can't get it to NOT clean the recent programs. I was wondering if there was a way to set it up so that it won't clean it.

Anways, here is a screenshot BEFORE using CCleaner.

aty2.png

And here's one AFTER using CCleaner.

aag6.png

If anyone can help me fix this problem, I'd be really appreciated! Thanks :)

hello and welcome to CC!

have you tried unchecking this option:

Recent Documents

When you open a document or file in Windows, a record of this is stored under the Recent Documents list on the Start menu. Selecting this option will clear this list. (Note: The documents themselves are left untouched.)

let us know if that works.

EDIT: all of these options and many more can be found in the Beginners Guide

I thought it was the "User Assist History" option (in Advanced settings) that controlled whether this list (I'm assuming it's the list you see when you click on the Start button) was cleared or left untouched? Checking that option gives this warning:

WARNING about "User Assist History"

This will clear the most used programs list on the XP start menu

Is the OP referring to the most used programs when using the term "Recent Programs list" since it isn't actually a recent programs list that you see when you click on the start button (but rather the most used programs).

• Moderators

Just to clear things up.

Recent Documents will clear all of My Recent Documents.

User Assist History will clear recent programs from the Start Menu.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

To Tarun who PM'ed me but I couldn't PM back because his inbox was full, and I don't visit forums much so I can't track him down, but than he asked me what theme I was using.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4906/aag6.png

What desktop theme is that? :P

The theme is called Royale Vista 1.5.4. You can get it searching google, directly from Deviantart.com or click HERE.

I am having the opposite problem. I can't seem to clear the most recent used programs list from the start menu. I have the option "user assist history" checked in the advanced section but that doesn't do it.

I think the computer needs a restart for this option to work - I'm sure my list only clears after a restart.

I am having the opposite problem. I can't seem to clear the most recent used programs list from the start menu. I have the option "user assist history" checked in the advanced section but that doesn't do it.

Analyze, Run Cleaner than Analayze, Run Cleaner again. Should solve your problem. ;)