Microsoft Releases Vista RC1

Mike Rochip

Microsoft has just released Windows Vista Release Candidate 1, a major milestone on the path to shipping Windows Vista. RC1 will be one of Microsoft's most widely distributed test versions ever, available to an estimated 6 million users who will have a chance to experiment with it and provide feedback ahead of Vista's planned release in November for enterprise customers and January 2007 for consumers. At this point, Microsoft says the product is largely complete, although it is continuing to fix bugs and to work on improving performance, stability, and compatibility.

Story

Eh... I'm scared of Vista ever since my friend installed the Beta - it screwed up his master boot record.

We eventually got it fixed, but in the process we had to use 4 different computers and format 2 hard drives, along with trying every possible combination of "VISTA SCREWED THE PC" into Google.

I guess if it's a release candidate, then it would be significantly (?) more stable. I think for now, though, I'll stick with Vista msstyles.

http://it.slashdot.org/it/06/08/31/2347201.shtml

Supposedly Microsofts want to make the startup sound mandatory and that it will be impossible to disable it. So every god damn time you start your computer, you will have to listen to that. Atleast that seems to be the plan...

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png