suggestion

TheFiresInTheSky

i have a suggestion for a new thread named FAQ's or something.

whenever a "common" problem is solved, someone could ask a mod to add it to that list.

that means as many new people wouldnt have to sign up to ask a question thats already been answered many times before.

edit: maybe also add all those little posts that people have added such as,

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=5739

and

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showto...2&hl=visual

:)

I've noticed that there are often many more Guests than Members browsing the forums. If I remember, you have to be a Member in order to search the forums. I bet there are a fair number Guests who join the forum just so they can ask a question about Ccleaner or to get help with a specific issue or to post a HJT log, etc. Many probably just don't think to do a search first or may even be unaware of the search function.

Maybe it would be helpful to mention using the search function before posting for help somewhere on the new member screens when people first sign up for membership.

I don't know if the board keeps a record of searches but if they do it might be worthwhile to see what the most common items searched for are and devote a section to those specific terms.

• Moderators

Well it matters how sophisticated the searching will be I've seen some forums that only use Google to search them, whilst others use the built-in IPB softwares features to search. Doesn't really matter which is used so long as people know to search first, then we could get rid of commonly asked questions that link to internal CC forum pages in our signatures.

Edit:

There was a Windows forum I belonged to long ago, so long I don't even remember the URL, but it would always display a somewhat annoying "Search for your answer before posting" page before allowing a post to take place. Of course I don't see it as a replacement because it will only annoy people that become regular posters into not posting, which is why I think that Windows forum started to dwindle into nothingness.