Purchased a New License, Does Not Extend Current License?

My current license expires in June 21, 2023, when I purchased a new license, it expires in April 24, 2024, but does not recognize that I have 2 months left of my current license. How can I get what's left of my license to be carried over to my new license?

There doesn't seem to be a "renewal" option that I can click on to extend my current license. I bought the new license because it's on sale,

Please help?

DG64

• Moderators

If you purchased a new key rather than renewing then you can email support@ccleaner.com  with details of the two licences and ask for a 'Licence Merge', they will join the two licences together so that you don't lose the time remaining on the old one.
It's something that they do often.

So you can take advantage of sale offers like you have done and not lose the remaining time on your existing licence

It would have been a bit early for you to be sent a renewal reminder notice, people do complain if they get one when there's still a couple of months to go.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Admin

@deafguy64:

Short version: If you are issued with a new licence key, then the time on your old one is automatically credited to your new one - but often not right away, and with a couple of exceptions that can need manual intervention by customer support: (https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039530092-Will-I-lose-any-time-on-my-subscription-if-I-take-an-offer-to-renew-early-)

Background for those who may be interested: CCleaner's licence management system was built back c2012 when we only really had one tier of service, being CCleaner Professional, so the only form of renewal was a like-for-like extension.  Then we added in CCleaner Professional Plus and CCleaner Professional Premium, which had different licence keys, so we had to find a way to band-aid a solution to automatically credit time between licences, but the batch job that does this can take a couple of days to get everything together, which is less than ideal.

The good news is that as of August 2022, pretty much all of our new licences issued from that point onwards are on a new system that was specifically designed for this sort of thing.  The licence key that you get is tied to your email address and then after that should remain the same no matter what edition of CCleaner you go up, down or sideways to - remaining time will be automatically credited, and no need to enter a new licence key in the future. However as your licence transitions from one system to the other, there'll still be a need to go through this process one last time.

Why wasn't your licence extended immediately?  You went from the old style licence key to the new style licence key, which as previously mentioned can take a few days to credit remaining time (although this won't be an issue next year).  But to make life a bit more interesting you used a different email address for your original purchase than your new one, so the system won't stitch them together automatically.  No problem, it's not uncommon and that's what customer support is for - they will cheerfully do this manually for you if you ask.  Which you did ... although I did notice that when you contacted customer support you used a third email address to contact support which matched neither of your previous purchases, so you didn't automatically go into the paid customer queue, which can delay responses a bit.  Don't worry about that last bit though, I found your ticket when I was writing this and tagged it as a customer query, so you should hear back from customer support a little later today.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes