Cleaner show negative CPU temperature of -65c

Richard_5

• Moderators

That screenshot is not CCleaner.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Nukecad, I am running CCleaner Version 2.7.166 so apologies if I am exposing your ignorance of CCleaner functionality, as it is a genuine CCleaner screenshot of a sub menu, taken from the Menu Icon that appears on the iMac main screen (at least when running this version on MacOs Ventura). The primary CCleaner window that opens when the CCleaner icon is pressed gives you this screen, just click on Sensors to get the one I posted. This evening I have a  CPU temp of -76c:

image.thumb.png.c1733d3dba4a8ca671caa9bc7f72ce99.png

Why not give it a try on your Mac and see what CPU temp you see?

• Moderators

Guys it's Macintosh i believe. @Richard_5 can you confirm/deny that this is Mac so i know to move it to the correct forum

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Sorry my first reply was a bit terse, I was posting from my phone and couldn't go into more detail.

I'll agree that most of the regulars here, including myself, and not that familiar with Mac or iMac. (Please excuse our ignorance).

I had noticed that it was a Mac, because that screenshot appears to be from an app named "IMAC-2023 System Monitor".

The second screenshot makes things a bit clearer, and may explain what you are seeing.

It looks that when you press the CCleaner icon it is being redirected to that System Monitor app, from where you can then open CCleaner from that big blue button.

AFAIK even on Mac CCleaner has no tools to report temperatures or fan speeds, it's that System Monitor that is reporting those.

The puzzling thing is that I cannot find any other mention of such a redirect happening.
Nor can I find any monitoring app for Mac that looks like your screenshot.
And the only thing I can find by searching the app name displayed is this thread itself.

This is what would be expected on a Mac:
https://www.macupdate.com/reviews/ccleaner

What type of device is this? Desktop, laptop, tablet, phone?
Your screenshots look phone-like - but those Segate drives say desktop or possibly laptop.

PS. This thread will be moved to the CCleaner for Mac forum

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

On 20/02/2023 at 10:11, nukecad said:

What type of device is this? Desktop, laptop, tablet, phone?

Thanks for the comprehensive response.

I am running Ccleaner for Mac - Version 2.7.166 0n an iMac 27" i7. As I understand it the Ccleaner app always runs in the background and by selecting the "C with a brush" icon in the iMac menu bar (you can see it in the second screenshot above) you get the active cCleaner recommendations at the top. You can also access the Ccleaner settings from that screen.   Whoever in Ccleaner designed this has obviously decided to display some system monitor type information , most of which makes some sense but not the CPU temperature being negative. 

Maybe someone from Ccleaner will pick up this observation and perhaps resolve, or remove if they can fix, the CPU temp display functionality. 

• Moderators

A bit more checking finds that this monitoring information is there by design, it's a new feature with v2.7.166.

It is seperate from the main CCleaner, hence that blue button to open CCleaner itself.

Not being a Mac user I don't normally check the CCleaner for Mac update announcements so hadn't seen it announced.

In Windows there's a seperate Piriform app altogether for reporting on the System - Speccy.

(I do now vaguely remember some previous 'for the future' discussion about it maybe being possible to add something similar for Mac, it might have been in the staff sub-forum).

https://www.ccleaner.com/knowledge/ccleaner-mac-v2-7-166

New Menu bar UI/UX design

We’ve introduced new system information, which you can access by clicking the CCleaner icon in the top-right corner of your Mac's menu bar.

Presumably you still have a CCleaner icon on your desktop or the Dock bar which lauches the usual CCleaner User Interface?
That blue button should also launch the usual UI.

I would email the support team: support@ccleaner.com and report that the new system monitoring feature in CCleaner for Mac is showing the wrong CPU temperature for you.

However I should warn you that System Monotoring tools showing wrong temperatures is fairly common, so you may just have to live with it.
You only have to look on the Speccy forum here to see many examples, and any other system monitor app I've looked at has the same kinds and numbers of reports.
Mostly they work fine for most users, but on some machines the temperature sensors in the chips themselves appear to give out the wrong readings.

(That's also one reason for reports of machines overheating, or of cooling fans constantly running, that you see on technical help fora - the chips built-in sensor is saying its cooler or hotter than it actually is).

Nukecad - I have submitted a detailed response to the Ccleaner support team. The negative value doesn't bother me, it is just more for Ccleaner credibility that they should be able to report this correctly.  

Incidentally there is a Menu widget for CPU Temperature available in macOs, that gives what appears to be a correct value (32c this morning versus Ccleaner at -64c) 

Anyway thanks for your assistance

Edited by Richard_5