Driver and program updates

LogicalRon

• Moderators

Don't run healthcheck, run custom clean instead (options>settings>set home screen to custom clean). Ignore Driver update and software updater screens.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I haven't dug into it too much so whenever it pops up and tells me my computer is not feeling well........lol I just check make it feel better.  So are you saying when that happens just ignore it, close that screen and open Ccleaner and go to the custom clean page? or by setting the home screen to custom clean the health screen won't pop up anymore? instead the custom clean screen will?

• Moderators

From what you say then you are using Health Check, and it's CCleaner Professional.

For Driver Updates simply ignore it, CCleaner won't update any drivers unless you click on Driver Updates and go through the steps.

Software updates can be different though:

Health Check in CCleaner Pro includes an automatic check for software updates. (Custom Clean doesn't. There's a seperate 'Software Updater' tool).

I guess that you're asking this because v6.09 has just added 50 more apps that it can update, so some people will now be seeing software updates in Health Check when they didn't before.
https://www.ccleaner.com/knowledge/ccleaner-v6-09-10300

In Software Updater, we've added 50 software titles to our update library to keep more of your installed apps up-to-date

You have 3 options if you don't want CCleaner Health Check to automatically check for and install software updates.

1- Use Custom Clean.
Go to Options>Settings and change the CCleaner Home Screen to Custom Clean. It will then show you Custom Clean when you open CCleaner.
You get more control of what gets cleaned or not by ticking/unticking the categories, be careful you do really want to tick extra things to clean because Custom Clean can clean things that Health Check wouldn't touch.

2- Tell Health Check to ignore what it has found to update.
If you do want to use Health Check then:
When it says it has found apps to update in the 'Security' box click on that box.
Untick any apps that you don't want updating, click 'Save and Back to Overview', and continue with 'Make it Better'.
YOU WILL HAVE TO DO THAT EVERYTIME THAT YOU RUN HEALTH CHECK. It doesn't remember that you told it to ignore them so will try to update them next time.

3- Go offline before running Health Check.
If you're offline then it can't check for any software updates, and can't fetch them to install.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thanks,

yes my Ccleaner updated to the latest version, when I saw the heath check screen on my computer it also started to popup programs that I own and said there were updates. I dind't realize it was Ccleaner doing it I thought it was the programs I had just rebooted. long story short, there were only 2 but I thought the popup was from the program so I clicked update and it installed newer versions that I chose not to upgrade to and pay for. I had to uninstall them and reinstall the older ones I own.

I won't run health check anymore but having to go offline  so if can't update drivers and programs kinds sucks there should be a setting that we can chose what we want Ccleaner to do and not do.

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, LogicalRon said:

there should be a setting that we can chose what we want Ccleaner to do and not do.

There is - it's Custom Clean.
There is no need to go offline because Custom Clean doesn't automatically update anything. There are seperate tools under 'Tools' for doing that if you want to.

If you could customise the Health Check settings then it would just be another Custom Clean.

Health Check was originally introduced as an option for those non-techie people who just want a quick clean of the 'regular' stuff without bothering about changing settings.
It was originally called 'Quick Clean' / 'Easy Clean.
When they added the automatic Startup app cleaning (Speed) and automatic Software Updating (Security) for pro it was renamed Health Check.
Those 2 features were already there in Tools and they still are, they only run if you choose to run them.

In my personal opinion they only added those two functions in Health Check so that they had 'something extra' to temp those non-techie people to buy Pro.
(Even though they probably don't want those 2 features anyway).

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

I'd just switch your Home Screen to Custom Clean and simply use the default settings already ticked there.
Those defaults are about the sam that Health Check cleans.

That way you will not be bothered by any automatic Software updates, and you can always tick some more things in Custom Clean if you want to later.

PS. Smart Cleaning uses the Custom Clean rules and settings.