winbio.dll

NotRoot

• Moderators

Winbio.dll going missing is a Windows system problem.
If it's got corrupted or gone missing then it can stop software from installing or running.

You can usually fix it by running System File Checker (SFC), but sometimes you need to reinstall winbio.dll.

For more information on how to fix it, or how to reinstall it, see this: https://wikidll.com/microsoft/winbio-dll

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/01/2023 at 08:17, NotRoot said:

Hello,

Today i made one update to ccleaner FREE and now i can't rumit because it says winbio.dll is missing

scl8rcX.jpg

It seems to be something related to Windows Biometric security.

Ccleaner really neends this dll to run?

Hello, winbio.dll is needed since v6.07. Older versions such as v6.06 & previous don't ask for it.

Not sure why new CCleaner versions use it.

Just put winbio.dll in CCleaner's folder and it will work again.

6 hours ago, SoulRipper said:

Hello, winbio.dll is needed since v6.07. Older versions such as v6.06 & previous don't ask for it.

Not sure why new CCleaner versions use it.

Just put winbio.dll in CCleaner's folder and it will work again.

Yeah, im concerned why CCleaner needs a dll biometric security file...

Anyway, you are right. If we put the dll on ccleaner folder, it works. Thank you!

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @NotRoot I was informed of how the "winbio.dll" file is accessed by CCleaner as part of its Driver Updater feature and following this report, we are now working on modifying the behavior of this so the file will only be accessed whenever there are relevant drivers to to update on the system, which will prevent the error from occurring. 

Also @SoulRipper Thanks for confirming how moving the winbio.dll to CCleaner's folder will resolve the issue in the meantime. 

12 minutes ago, MeganCCleaner said:

Hi @NotRoot I was informed of how the "winbio.dll" file is accessed by CCleaner as part of its Driver Updater feature and following this report, we are now working on modifying the behavior of this so the file will only be accessed whenever there are relevant drivers to to update on the system, which will prevent the error from occurring. 

Also @SoulRipper Thanks for confirming how moving the winbio.dll to CCleaner's folder will resolve the issue in the meantime. 

That is great news.

Thank you for letting us know!

On 26/01/2023 at 20:08, MeganCCleaner said:

Just wanna know, how can i use previous CCleaner versions? there is a way to do it?