No Optimizer in Pro 6.06.10144?

Wisewiz

I have no Optimizer. What's the fix for this? I have the files in the CCleaner folder and the service in Services, but no Optimizer in the main app window.

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard04.jpg

Wisewiz

To those who have virtually none, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.

• Moderators

Odd,

Possibly something went awry in the update/install?

I'd just do an over the top reinstall.
Download the Slim installer from the Builds page and double-click it to reinstall CCleaner.
https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds
Don't uninstall the old one first and the new install will pick up your licence and settings.

PS. Have you been using a registry cleaner other than the one in CCleaner itself?
That might have removed the registry entry that tells CCleaner to display the PO icon.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Odd, yessir. Will try your suggestion. No, I wouldn't touch another registry cleaner, and I use CC's reg cleaner VERY conservatively. I have only four categories checked in the reg cleaner settings. Thanks.

Wisewiz

To those who have virtually none, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.

Used the Slim and rebooted and still had no Optimizer. Went back to examine the files in the CCleaner folder and saw that I had a copy of portable.dat in there. Deleted that, re-started CC, and behold! ... Optimizer is baaaack!  Thanks for the help.

Wisewiz

• Moderators

Ah, of course Portable wouldn't include the PO.

It's still a bit odd that you had the portable.dat file in the installed CCleaner folder though.

Had you somehow put it there yourself? Or had it come from the issue a few months back where portable was seemingly updating and installing itself?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I think I put that dummy file (0 kb) there a while back, when I checked “all settings in .ini” and saw  a post somewhere that suggested that an empty portable.dat would keep CC from writing stuff to the registry.

My bad. Well, at least I found it and suspected it might be the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Wisewiz