When to activate new license ?

pcbugfixer

G'day Folks,

This update notification and prematurly activation is some thing that yo need to FIX NOW.

Then again are the popups that are starting to get up my nose with renewals that I don't need when my "CrapCleaner" (sorry old name) CCleaner still has until the 20 October 2022 to run and I don’t need the new license at the moment.

However I purchased the 2 year 5 user (also get my $50.00 repate) and now waiting for the current to only have 1 day to go before I activate the new license.

Obviously now is the question as to from what date is the new license active or activates itself ?

If it takes the purchase date then I just lost a 1 1/2 month of usage !! ??

Would be great if the new license would add itself to the existing license remainder and we would not have any concerns for the additional 2 year license. Can you please look into this option.

So the questions is: when does the newly purchased license become active ? - From date of purchase ? - or from date of installing the license key on the existing CCleaner installation ?

Can you please reply ASAP - Thanks

Regards
Roger Hass / PC-Bug Fixer now in Tanilba Bay NSW 2319 Australia

If you object to my “Candour”, read another post !
"BENE DICTUM, BENEDICTE !"

• Moderators
8 hours ago, pvbugfixer said:

Would be great if the new license would add itself to the existing license remainder

It does,

it either happens automatically or you can request it manually - which happens depends on if you renew the existing licence key or if you buy a new licence key.

In your particular case you seem to have purchased a new licence key, but you still don't have to wait to use it and can get the time remaining on the old one added to it.

If you email support@ccleaner.com with details of your old and new licences and ask for a 'Licence Merge' they will merge them together under the new key and you can then start using the new one which will then be valid for 2 years from the 20th/21st October (when the old one would have run out).
Plus of course the old one will stop nagging you to renew it.

Note that this merging still applies if you are upgrading from CCleaner Pro to Pro plus, or CCleaner Premium, the remaining time is upgraded too.
See: https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/61763-possibility-to-log-in-to-an-private-account-with-actual-status-of-licences/#comment-333412

If you renew an existing licence key using the same email address as before, and with less than 90 days remaining, then the old and new licences gett merged automatically so that the remaining time gets added to the renewed key.
That automatic merging happens twice a day, so it may be a few hours after renewing before you see the merge reflected in CCleaner itself.

Whichever way you do it the merging means you can take advantage of offer prices, and upgrades, without losing any of the remaining time on your existing licence.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

G'day nukecad,

Thanks for the informative reply.

I have CCleaner Professional Edition (license key info = Product Name: Cleaner Premium) which was part of the bundle installed on the 3 Workstations.

I seldom use the other Speccy, Recuva or Defraggler as I have better applications installed.

I have now purchased the 2 year 5 user CCleaner Premium bundle (This includes: CCleaner Professional, Recuva, Speccy, and Access to Premium Tech Support)

So what you are saying is that if I enter the new Key, for 2 years the CCleaner server will automatically add the remainder of the current term ?

Now I also have installed on one of the Win 10 Pro Workstations from a different purchase CCleaner Professional Edition which license key expired on the 27 September 2022. - Can I use the same newly purchased key on it ?

NB: Safed records show CCleaner Professional since 2017 prior records were deleted.

Can you please reply ASAP

Regards

• Moderators
14 hours ago, pvbugfixer said:

So what you are saying is that if I enter the new Key, for 2 years the CCleaner server will automatically add the remainder of the current term

No.

Because you have upgraded you will have a new, different, key so it won't happen automatically.

That automatic thing only happens if it's the same key.

Instead you need to email support at the  address given above and ask for a 'Licence Merge' which they will do manually. (They do thousands of them each year so it's basic stuff for them).

Once you have it manually merged then you can use that key on the number of machines specified. So you will be able to use it on the machine with the 27 Sept expired licence.

Alternatively you could just start using the new 'bundle' key now on as many machines it's valid for and forget about the time remaining on the old one - your choice.

PS. Sorry about the time lag, UK vs AUS.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thanks again nukecad. we can close this ticket if you like.

Befoere I go, I just sent you a message with an oftopic request, if you could answer that ASAP please

Regards

• Moderators

Your request has been passed on to the forum admin.

We don't normally close threads on the forum, they can be useful to others reading who may want to ask a similar/related question so we just leave them open.