No Longer Works Correctly

This app used to work properly when you setup items NOT to clean but no longer. I've set it up to NOT clean cookies on my browser yet it still does it anyway.  Might as well uninstall it in  case there are more serious bugs that I haven't found yet.

• Moderators

We need more information please.

What Windows version?
What browser?
What CCleaner version?
Are you using Custom Clean or Health Check?

Why do you think that cookies are being removed even though excluded, is it something in particular that happens?

Often when people think a cookie being removed is causing something to happen/not happen it's actually something else and not a cookie at all.
eg. Clearing a browsers 'Session' will log you out of all websites, some think that's a cookie problem but it's nothing to do with cookies at all.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Windows 11 with latest updates (on July 26), latest CCleaner (July 26), Brave Browser. I believe I use Health Check but have cookies unchecked for all browsers. There are a few examples of why I know this but one in particular is when I do Wordle (on NY Times) the number of attempts from previous days are gone after CCleaner runs. Since I've uninstalled CCleaner that no longer happens. Haven't tried with other browsers. Just a note, I shut down my computer every day.

• Moderators

You are misunderstanding how CCleaner now works.

There is Custom Clean which works as CCleaner always did.

Plus  now there is also Health Check that you cannot customise and does it's own cleaning thing. (Which is what some people want).

Go to Options>Settings and set the 'Home Screen' to Custom Clean and it is just the same as it always was.

There  is nothing to 'fix' - you can still do what  you want to if you use the correct part of CCleaner and ignore the part(s) that you don't want to use.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043